Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which 100 Round Checker?

cbrussell

I see there are quite a few 100 round checkers on the market. I load to SAAMI length specifications, so I need one that will do that. The other requirement is one that can easily transfer the rounds to an ammunition box. So which checker/ammunition box combo is preferable and why?

Thanks all for the help.

The only 100 round that I'm aware of is the Hundo case gauge.  They are great and do what you want.  I do like it a little better with one of the 3D printed stands under it that allows the longer bullet lengths for my open gun to go flush with the top of the gauge.

Armanov makes a really nice one as well, comes with a turn plate for lack of a better word making transferring them to boxes very easy.

Using Dillon or MTM boxes does not really  make a difference this way.

On 7/26/2021 at 7:02 PM, aandabooks said:

The only 100 round that I'm aware of is the Hundo case gauge.  They are great and do what you want.  I do like it a little better with one of the 3D printed stands under it that allows the longer bullet lengths for my open gun to go flush with the top of the gauge.

What stands are you talking about?

I was thinking I’d like to raise my Hundo up a little when I use it. I wish it was about 1/8” deeper. 

53 minutes ago, Cuz said:

I was thinking I’d like to raise my Hundo up a little when I use it. I wish it was about 1/8” deeper. 

Just place it on top of an open 100 round ammo box while dropping the rounds in 

4 hours ago, xrayfk05 said:

Armanov makes a really nice one as well, comes with a turn plate for lack of a better word making transferring them to boxes very easy.

Using Dillon or MTM boxes does not really  make a difference this way.

I like the looks of this setup. Think I will go ahead and order the kit.

Amanov is knocking off the Hundo patent owned by some USPSA shooters.  You can decide how much that matters to you.

The Shockbottle 9mm 100-round gauge also fits nicely sideways across the top of Dillon-size Akrobins although with some OALs you'll need to lift the gauge to check the last row.  Comes in handy if you load with an autodrive, you can check ammo hot off the press.

Ben Stoeger Pro Shop has nice combination flip trays / stands.

Akrobin1.jpg

I like the Shockbottle hundo gauges...  The original...  I've used mine for many years and it works perfectly with the MTM boxes...  I load the hundo gause...  Lift it up to make sure all the cartridges lay flat...  Then sight down the top of th gauge to make sure all the primers are flat...  Works great!

I also have an intermediate flip tray (that I think the Shockbottle guys make) that makes it easy to move the bullets from the hundo to a box...  Load hundo...  flip to intermediate tray...  flip to MTM box...

1 hour ago, Southpaw said:

Just place it on top of an open 100 round ammo box while dropping the rounds in 

Damn, now why didn’t I think of that ridiculously simple solution???

Thanks!

1 hour ago, shred said:

Amanov is knocking off the Hundo patent owned by some USPSA shooters.  You can decide how much that matters to you.

The Shockbottle 9mm 100-round gauge also fits nicely sideways across the top of Dillon-size Akrobins although with some OALs you'll need to lift the gauge to check the last row.  Comes in handy if you load on a Mark 7, you can check while it loads.

Ben Stoeger Pro Shop has nice combination flip trays / stands.

Akrobin1.jpg

Another good solution I never thought of. But, I think I’ll go with Southpaw’s idea for now. 
Thanks. 

18 hours ago, Cuz said:

DMD Hundo Risers

I have another companies that I believe went out of business.  These are the ones that range panda offers on his site.