Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Defiant Stock Master (IFG)

Tim300wsm

Different importers have Tanfoglio mix things up. What is shown is a blend of the stock2 and the stock 3 with a double action trigger. Nice shooting gun as I have one in 9mm. Will probably replace the DA trigger with a SA trigger as my other Tanfoglios are 10mm SA. I am currently having a leather carry holster being made by Ted Blocker Holsters as I couldn't find any 'cheap' ones that the Tanfoglio with the full dust cover fit.

Edited by oldmanwithagun

2 hours ago, N7VY said:

The picture shows a small frame pistol. Just say’in. 

Mine is a large frame, never handled a small frame so it took me a while comparing mine to the posted picture to how close the safety and slide release where to each other. I know how to tell a large frame from the right side.

26 minutes ago, Tim300wsm said:

I think I will wait and get a single action. The way things have been I worry it will be impossible to find another for quite some time

They’re quite easy to convert to single action if you’re comfortable doing some disassembly and very basic gunsmithing.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased the Henning trigger, did a lot of polishing and because I purchased the largest trigger (big hands) the front stop screw doesn't allow consistent locking into battery and release. Upon Henning's suggestion I removed the front screw and all worked, but the trigger had to much take up. Tried grinding the take up screw down and got frustrated so I sent gun the Henning and having the full meal done, trigger, hammer and sear. It should be noted the the Stock Master from IFG (defiant) has a 2 piece sear.

• 1 month later...

Double to single action update.  I purchased the extended trigger from Hennings and the stock master sa/da had a 2 piece sear and I was unable to feel the action was reliable. It is my understanding the other 2 versions would be fine but I do have very large hands. So I opted to get the full meal deal which included the ultimate hammer, sear, spring and firing pin and have them do the dirty work. I will take it to the range this weekend along with my Shadow 2 SA and let you know how they compare. Both have about 2.3 lb trigger pull.

stockmaster-cr.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 7:20 PM, oldmanwithagun said:

Double to single action update.  I purchased the extended trigger from Hennings and the stock master sa/da had a 2 piece sear and I was unable to feel the action was reliable. It is my understanding the other 2 versions would be fine but I do have very large hands. So I opted to get the full meal deal which included the ultimate hammer, sear, spring and firing pin and have them do the dirty work. I will take it to the range this weekend along with my Shadow 2 SA and let you know how they compare. Both have about 2.3 lb trigger pull.

stockmaster-cr.jpg

How did it go at the range?  How did it compare to the S2?