Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Lynx Belt - Initial Review

10 hours ago, cbrussell said:

I am having this issue, not a huge problem but an annoyance. Question; if I understand correctly, install the magazine pouch with one of the screw brackets directly over the hinge, with the other being on the link?

Hi, please see the picture in attachment.

Wiggling DAA Lynx Belt.jpg

10 hours ago, attakmint said:

Does moving the brackets to the hinge seem to reduce/remove the wiggle?  How does it affect flexibility?

It reduces the wiggling and increases the contact surface on the innerbelt en velcro of the Lynx belt. I'll test it thouroughly during tomorrow's IPSC training. More later.

Moving the brackets to the hinge seems to work. I don’t notice any more wiggling. I sure do like being able to fold it up to put it inside the range bag; much more convenient. I will continue to try it out and see what happens.

I used my size 40" Lynx belt for a match today. I didn't notice any movement with my Ghost mags installed over the hinges. I installed my Ghost 360 mag holders over the hinged area initially,  I wasn't sure what the correct way was, and it appeared to work fine in static testing. I ran the DAA Alpha-X holster 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ended going back to my DAA Pro Competition belt. Nothing really wrong with the Lynx system, I just prefer the ratchet system I installed on the DAA belt. 

I do miss not being able to put the rig inside my shooting bag, but will have to live with that. Still keeping my Lynx belt; not ruling out I may go back to it at some point. 

5 hours ago, cbrussell said:

I ended going back to my DAA Pro Competition belt. Nothing really wrong with the Lynx system, I just prefer the ratchet system I installed on the DAA belt. 

I do miss not being able to put the rig inside my shooting bag, but will have to live with that. Still keeping my Lynx belt; not ruling out I may go back to it at some point. 

Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 9:30 AM, cbrussell said:

Try putting your ratchet to your lynx