Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aimpoint mount for vr80

chase214

3 things, the top rail may or may not be a little out if spec on your vr 80. Most mounts work but you may have to try on your gun to find out. Also you probably don't want to be that high for the dot on a VR, the ergos aren't quite the same as an AR. If you don't know what I mean or don't have a preffered optic height just think ahead you may want to stay a little lower on a vr so you don't end up to high. Some would call it an absolute cowitness vs lower. Also an ampoint with a scalarworks is possibly worth more than that gun. Put a holosun 510 on it and call it a day.

The aimpoint came off my R&R sagia so I'm not out anymore money for the optic . I don't have alot of time behind the vr80 iv shot about a case through it so most of my time was with a sagia but I did find that I transitioned from target to target faster if my head was up off the buttstock 

9 hours ago, chase214 said:

The aimpoint came off my R&R sagia so I'm not out anymore money for the optic . I don't have alot of time behind the vr80 iv shot about a case through it so most of my time was with a sagia but I did find that I transitioned from target to target faster if my head was up off the buttstock 

Makes sense, all of the mounts I have tried on VRs worked but I haven't tried a scalar you may just have to see. I also see they make 3 heights of that so you have options.

For the heck of it I tired to put a new Holosun 5112c I got in on one of my VRs today and it was a no go. The 510c works fine, the difference is the 512 has 2 full lugs and as expected the non standard rail spacing on the VR was a no go. So not just for the scalar but any mount with full width lugs you may run into trouble if you dont want to modify the rail or the mount.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 5:59 PM, chase214 said:

Yea I had file the rail to fit the recoil lugs on the mount

Yeah I had to do it for my new holosun 512 too. How hard can it be to use the correct dimensions. I am constantly reminded how poorly made these guns are were trying to use for racing. Someone needs to make a quality box fed gun that doesn't need a couple grand of work to be competitive.