Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If they recognized it, would you shoot it ?

10mmdave

The subject has been brought up to the PtB (Powers that Be) to add Rimfire Revolver Optic and Rimfire Revolver Iron

to the divisions/categories in Steel Challenge, and with the ultimate hope to get Revolver Steel Master recognized also.

The PtB has said come back with some numbers and a written proposal so here I am asking the BE Universe what they think.

If you would, please add a reply below if you like the idea (I would do a poll but have no idea how to and we're in a time cruch)

Including your USPSA or SC number would be nice too I think but not required.

Thanks,

Dave Parker TY53502

Annnd I'm an idiot, just figured out how to do a poll on here, I'll leave it like this for now unless folks think I should change it.

Edited by 10mmdave

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 10mmdave said:

The subject has been brought up to the PtB (Powers that Be) to add Rimfire Revolver Optic and Rimfire Revolver Iron

to the divisions/categories in Steel Challenge, and with the ultimate hope to get Revolver Steel Master recognized also.

The PtB has said come back with some numbers and a written proposal so here I am asking the BE Universe what they think.

If you would, please add a reply below if you like the idea (I would do a poll but have no idea how to and we're in a time cruch)

Including your USPSA or SC number would be nice too I think but not required.

Thanks,

Dave Parker TY53502

Annnd I'm an idiot, just figured out how to do a poll on here, I'll leave it like this for now unless folks think I should change it.

Dave you may get better traffic on this topic on the Revo Nation FB page. 

If these divisions bring back revo master, I’m in. 

M. Poggie

L4887

28 minutes ago, MWP said:

Dave you may get better traffic on this topic on the Revo Nation FB page. 

If these divisions bring back revo master, I’m in. 

M. Poggie

L4887

I plan on adding it there tonight, rains coming (AGAIN !!!) and I have to get my lawn mowed 🙂

27 minutes ago, GOF said:

Sounds like a good idea to me. Anything that allows more shooters to compete and have fun is a good thing.

Agreed GOF, and what may be lost in my orig post is a lot of folks already compete/shoot the rimfire revo's in Steel Challenge,

now this way they would be recognized and classified against other rimfire revo shooters.

18 hours ago, 10mmdave said:

Agreed GOF, and what may be lost in my orig post is a lot of folks already compete/shoot the rimfire revo's in Steel Challenge,

now this way they would be recognized and classified against other rimfire revo shooters.

Yes, some do shoot rimfire revolvers, but they stand little chance against a tuned semi-auto with a 2.5-pound trigger pull. A separate rimfire revolver division would level the playing field and likely increase participation. It's an idea whose time has come. 

I think there are too many divisions for Uspsa/SC as is, the divisions are watered down. HOWEVER, I believe that there should be a revo rimfire division, cut out the irons/optic divisions and make it one division. More a run what you brought type match. 

no more pcci/pcco just pcc, same with osr/isr. 

maybe I’m crazy, what do you think? 

11 hours ago, IPSCLUVERRR said:

I think there are too many divisions for Uspsa/SC as is, the divisions are watered down. HOWEVER, I believe that there should be a revo rimfire division, cut out the irons/optic divisions and make it one division. More a run what you brought type match. 

Not a fan of this idea at all optics are clearly an advantage so it’s not fair for iron sights to be in the same class at all 

The basic idea is to separate the revolvers from the autos. While I think having two classes would be ideal, again,  having the revolvers in a class of their own is what this is about. I know a lot of shooters who are faster with irons than optics. 

I shoot RFPI and use a 617. I have had a lot of shooters show interest in shooting a Revolver in Steel Challenge but when the find out they don't have a separate division and have to shoot against the Auto's they seem to lose interest.

Lots of comments on the fact that I never have any jams or gun isn't affected by cold weather.😉

I'm not really a diehard SCSA shooter and will shoot a USPSA match(with a Revolver) before I shoot a steel match on any given weekend. But I still like shooting steel and would prefer the revolvers were separate from the Autos but it won't stop me from shooting my Revolver if it stays the way it is.

My big question about this is ISR and OSR are separate divisions in centerfire and don't shoot against the Autos so why not Rimfire?

It would be nice to see the results with Revolver Rimfires listed as now if you go to a match shooting a Rimfire Revolver you don't know if anyone else was shooting a Revolver or not they are just lumped together as RFPI and RFPO.

15 hours ago, IPSCLUVERRR said:

I think the less division thing should be a question in a different post IPSCLUVRRR, though thanks for including your opinion on revo rimfire.

Edited by 10mmdave

Looks like everyone is in favor of it.  What do you think will hold it up?  

I've got my equipment all ready with 617 and DS-10 speedloaders.  I've been given about 20 from other guys that have shot them and didn't shoot .22 revolvers + Dave sent me 5 of the newest design to test.  All I can say is it's great.  really improves reload times; which I hope I never need to do under the clock.

617 wtih new DS-10s.jpg