Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX mags struggling to feed rounds, fixes?

Obvious

Having to condition MBX mag springs is a very good thing.  They are extra strong when shipped.  So you compress them so they reach their 'normal' length and then they last seemingly forever.  I still have the replacement springs I bough six years ago.  In 40 and 9mm I've never replaced a follower or spring.

The suggestion MBX pre-condition their springs is silly.  How much ammo do you think it would take to condition a couple hundred mags at a time?  If you want everything handed to you on a silver platter, buy elsewhere.  For those of you who thing STI Gen2s are great, but suffer rounds that slip under the follower or go full saltshaker, fine.  I have three STI Gens 2s that I use for classifiers or when I have to drop a mag in dust or mud.  I replaced the guts with TTI and I have none of those problems.

I cant even gen gen 2 STI mags to feed reliably in my new limited gun. All they want to do is point the bullet down instead of tipped up. All have grams guts, and I've tuned them multiple times. Going to get an MBX and if it works, as I expect it will I'm buying 4 more. They have worked great for me in 9mm in the same gun. It has 3 uppers. 2 limited (minor and major) and an open 9 manor upper. Only one I have issues with is these stupid STI mags in 40. They worked great in my STI. Not this one with a LSI grip though. Very frustrating to say the least. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 5:52 PM, zzt said:

For those of you who thing STI Gen2s are great, but suffer rounds that slip under the follower or go full saltshaker, fine.

Strange, the only times I have had that happen were with box stock MBX.