Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What ramp is this supposed to be?

Someone asked me what this cut is. It's looks like a WN but not nearly as much meat in the frame as I'm used to seeing there. They are using a CP barrel in it and say it works flawlessly. I feel like this combination is going to lead to issues but I figured someone here would know better than me. 

Thoughts?

214159938_904927190236232_7965542653653549612_n.jpg

Edited by Racinready300ex

Looks kinda like a W/N, but like you said, the VIS cut looks way deeper than normal.  The sharp angle on the top isn't normal either.  If the forward surface is flat, and they're using a C/P barrel, I'd guess they machined the frame so far back that the barrel is bottoming out on the top of the frame and not contacting the VIS at all.

39 minutes ago, ltdmstr said:

Looks kinda like a W/N, but like you said, the VIS cut looks way deeper than normal.  The sharp angle on the top isn't normal either.  If the forward surface is flat, and they're using a C/P barrel, I'd guess they machined the frame so far back that the barrel is bottoming out on the top of the frame and not contacting the VIS at all.

He sent another picture later and the surface is flat and only the edge of the curve on the barrel just contacts the frame. He shot a few mags through it like that and it already shows a little dent where the barrel contacts the VIS. 

I think the gun would eat itself as is, I believe he's now going to put a 22 lr upper on it and run it like that from now on.