Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need suggestions for designing dryfire targets for Multigun/3-Gun

I’d like to make some dryfire targets for 3-Gun. Years ago I downloaded a bunch of PDF targets from this forum that are suitable for USPSA and they served me very well. I’m just getting into the 3-Gun and want to make my dryfire more realistic. I haven’t been to a match yet. I’d appreciate it if some of you veteran 3-Gunners would suggest what type and size targets you come across in matches, along with common distances.  Also, please include shooting positions. 

Lastly, what shooting scenarios seemed to cause you the biggest problems?

I plan to size them similar to other 1/3 scale targets so I can position myself 10ft away from where I’ll place them on my garage door.  

Thanks

Targets you may run into. Double star with no shoot plates . Irish plate rack that have colored plates that have to be shot in order. Like  red,white ,blue with black being a no shoot. Head shots at 50/60 yards off hand . Clays on a stick off hand 50/70 yards. Black pepper poper behind a paper target. Black steel is no shoot.

Just a few to get started.

On 7/24/2021 at 9:54 AM, AHI said:

Targets you may run into. Double star with no shoot plates . Irish plate rack that have colored plates that have to be shot in order. Like  red,white ,blue with black being a no shoot. Head shots at 50/60 yards off hand . Clays on a stick off hand 50/70 yards. Black pepper poper behind a paper target. Black steel is no shoot.

Just a few to get started.

Thanks for the feedback.  I’m thinking of getting some small plates for live fire practice as well (I say “practice”, I just love to shoot). Seems like hitting these small targets is a big thing.