Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Right Side Magazine Release (Alternative Option to Mitchell Custom/others?)

daylan1924

Hey all,

I just wanted to share that I may have discovered an alternative for those looking for a right side mag release for Staccato frames and comparable others. I have not vetted the site or had any experience but was planning on ordering 1 or 2 after I look a bit more. 

Has anyone had experience with this site?

https://www.tectal.at/en/1911-2011/28/magazine-catch-for-left-handed-shooters-2011-sti-grip-frame

As a left hand shooter, I could never imagine why anyone would want to do this. Dropping the mag with your index finger is so easy. No grip change needed. In fact, all right handed shooters may want to give this a product a try and see how easy mag changes can become.

• 2 weeks later...

I have large enough hands that hitting this release is not jeopardizing my grip. Additionally, as a lefty shooter, using my pointer to release a factory catch is uncomfortable and proves to compromise quality of grip. It’s a solution to more than one thing for me.

update: spoke to this company and they are not able to import to the US due to the category of firearm part this classified as.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 12:15 PM, TaterHead said:

As a left hand shooter, I could never imagine why anyone would want to do this. Dropping the mag with your index finger is so easy. No grip change needed. In fact, all right handed shooters may want to give this a product a try and see how easy mag changes can become.

Agreed, only I use the shooting (left) hand middle finger, it's a more comfortable reach for me. It's also easier for me to keep the gun pointed straight ahead this way than using my thumb.