Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 special 135 bnwc load data

Forbesy

Hi all ✌️ I’m looking for load data for 38 special using 135 button nose wadcutters for around 125pf in my S&W Action Match gun. My old load for service pistol and Action/1920 match was 3.8 of WST but in these times in Australia my stock of WST is dwindling and not looking like I’ll get more. I have Bullseye, APS 350 and APS450 too. I used to seat the projectiles with the cutting edge at the case mouth and taper crimp.. first post and have searched but hoping someone can guide me. Cheers 👍

I used to run the bayou 135 gr bnwc for my action pistol load. Sport pistol, Clays, and RS Comp. gave me the best accuracy. You’ll have to experiment to figure out what will do it in your gun. Usually between 3.0 and 3.8 grains of any of those three will work. 

• 1 year later...

I always use a lead 135 BNWC for service or Action match in a S&W revolver. 38 special load is 4.0 APS350 or 4.0 Bullseye, or any of the fast powders. Produces a very accurate round and will carve out the centre of the target. For a soft load 3.0 Fast powder (MAX) with a 148 HBWC and again very accurate.