Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 legit trigger enhancements

yekcoh

I'm looking into legit trigger options for Sig P320. 

Has anyone tried this?

https://www.glockstore.com/Competition-Spring-Kit-for-Sig-P320s

I've so far managed to shave sear for shorter break and over travel set screw. So far it's pretty decent but still not satisfied with the reset length and break (break isn't as crispy as I want it to be). 

I will post a short video later today...

But I wanna know if there is a cost effective way to make a solid solid p320 trigger without dropping 300 at gray guns shop...

I know with real skills and knowledge a good trigger can be achieved.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, yekcoh said:

I'm looking into legit trigger options for Sig P320. 

Has anyone tried this?

https://www.glockstore.com/Competition-Spring-Kit-for-Sig-P320s

I've so far managed to shave sear for shorter break and over travel set screw. So far it's pretty decent but still not satisfied with the reset length and break (break isn't as crispy as I want it to be). 

I will post a short video later today...

But I wanna know if there is a cost effective way to make a solid solid p320 trigger without dropping 300 at gray guns shop...

I know with real skills and knowledge a good trigger can be achieved.

If you feel comfortable installing over travel set screws and shaving sears you are probably a lot farther along in your gunsmithing career than many of us.

On 7/15/2021 at 7:27 AM, ddc said:

If you feel comfortable installing over travel set screws and shaving sears you are probably a lot farther along in your gunsmithing career than many of us.

exactly. I just don't wanna spend another 3 weeks figuring out a new platform. I just need an expert's advice on what to do and what not to do. That way I don't have to go through parts in trial and error.

Edited by yekcoh

On 7/15/2021 at 6:12 AM, Racinready300ex said:

I'd just spend the money and be done with it.

I would. I've done that before, spending hundreds on a trigger that I really hated. Don't wanna risk wasting money again. 

Edited by yekcoh

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.thesigarmorer.com/product/320-cola/#p320-model

Robert does amazing work.  But he won't be telling you how he does it.  And it won't be on YouTube.

My Legion has a consistent 1.6 pound trigger.  Armory Craft trigger has been adjusted to take out almost all the pre-travel and very little over-travel.

BC

3 hours ago, BillChunn said:

Robert does amazing work.  But he won't be telling you how he does it.  And it won't be on YouTube.

My Legion has a consistent 1.6 pound trigger.  Armory Craft trigger has been adjusted to take out almost all the pre-travel and very little over-travel.

BC

Just curious, which enhancements do you have on your Legion to get that 1.6lb trigger? (Besides the AC trigger)

3 hours ago, BillChunn said:

BC

I wonder about these striker fired guns with almost no pre travel and sub 2lbs triggers and what they have for a safety. I know GG's wont put a pre travel adjustment on their trigger because they say you can disable one of the internal safety's. 

If someone had a 1911 with a 1.5 lbs trigger and no safety we'd all freak out even though that 1911 wont go off unless something touches the trigger. But a 320 with a 1.5 lbs trigger is clearly safe because magic that happens inside the gun where we can't see. Which will only let the gun go off if something hits the trigger. Kind of like the 1911. 

The other thing that comes to mind is at this point with so many striker fired guns capable of sub 2 lbs triggers, why don't we allow SAO is Prod/CO? There is virtually no difference anymore....That or maybe roll back some of the allowed modifications to a prod/co gun so there is a more substantial difference. 

8 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

If someone had a 1911 with a 1.5 lbs trigger and no safety we'd all freak out even though that 1911 wont go off unless something touches the trigger. But a 320 with a 1.5 lbs trigger is clearly safe because magic that happens inside the gun where we can't see. Which will only let the gun go off if something hits the trigger. Kind of like the 1911. 

Even with these triggers installed in plastic guns, the Sigs P320s mostly seem to have these sub 2 pound triggers, I do not see the ADs (err misses) that I see with 1911/2011s.  Not sure why that is.  Have you noticed that?

12 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

The other thing that comes to mind is at this point with so many striker fired guns capable of sub 2 lbs triggers, why don't we allow SAO is Prod/CO? There is virtually no difference anymore....That or maybe roll back some of the allowed modifications to a prod/co gun so there is a more substantial difference. 

A 2# trigger on a p320 does not compare to a 2# trigger on a 1911/2011.  Not even close. 

35 minutes ago, echotango said:

A 2# trigger on a p320 does not compare to a 2# trigger on a 1911/2011.  Not even close. 

I guess, of course his is 1.6# and most of my 1911's are more like 2.5#'s. Is just the feel really enough to make that much of a difference?  I agree I like the way the 1911 trigger feels better than a striker fired gun, that doesn't mean it makes a difference on the clock. Either way you only need to apply 2lbs of force to the trigger with out moving the gun to hit your target. 

41 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Even with these triggers installed in plastic guns, the Sigs P320s mostly seem to have these sub 2 pound triggers, I do not see the ADs (err misses) that I see with 1911/2011s.  Not sure why that is.  Have you noticed that?

The only time the safety is on for 1911 is in the holster. I can think of a few AD's that have happened holstering, some where 1911's some where striker fired. The SAO where drawing and I think the striker fired where holstering, probably something getting in the trigger guard. Most result in a ambulance ride. Maybe it doesn't really matter but I think we should at least acknowledge we're running without safety's.

1 hour ago, Racinready300ex said:

Did you click the link? He literally linked you to exactly what you need to do.

I did.  While the Sig Armorer does really good work. (I have had his Competition Action job done on an X-Carry).  That alone doesn’t produce a 1.6 lb pull.  It is stated on his website that he will get about a 3-3.5 lb pull with his Competition Action job.  So I’m suspecting additional enhancements.  I’m just curious as to what other things were done.

4 minutes ago, CurlyShuffle said:

I did.  While the Sig Armorer does really good work. (I have had his Competition Action job done on an X-Carry).  That alone doesn’t produce a 1.6 lb pull.  It is stated on his website that he will get about a 3-3.5 lb pull with his Competition Action job.  So I’m suspecting additional enhancements.  I’m just curious as to what other things were done.

I got you know, he made it seem like it was just the action job and a AC trigger. I never had my 320 under 2 I don't think. I just ran a GG kit. 

9 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

I never had my 320 under 2 I don't think. I just ran a GG kit. 

All of my GG kits are under 2 pounds.  I was amazed and shocked at the difference from the stock trigger.   Which trigger spring are you running?

15 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

All of my GG kits are under 2 pounds.  I was amazed and shocked at the difference from the stock trigger.   Which trigger spring are you running?

I tried the lighter, then went to the heavier one for a stiffer reset. I wonder if some of the differenced is in trigger pull gauges. But mine never showed under 2. It might of been under 3 depending what set up I had at the time. Ultimately I decide I didn't like how the gun fit my hand and moved to a CZ. 

I’m pretty sure that TSA does a hybrid trigger job with his work and GGs springs that results in a lighter pull weight. I Have 4 Standard TSA trigger jobs and they all run right around 3lb.

30 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

I’m pretty sure that TSA does a hybrid trigger job with his work and GGs springs that results in a lighter pull weight. I Have 4 Standard TSA trigger jobs and they all run right around 3lb.

Yeah, I asked him recently about it and he stated 2.5lbs with a SA/GG combo

The reason I bought my first 320 over a Glock was the trigger. So this trigger seems a little off to me. The best trigger job I come up so far is the X5 Legion flat, skeletonized trigger and the APEX transfer bar and overtravel stop.
This combo has worked great on my X5 and 320F, .45 … didn't care for feel of the Keres trigger, which I also tried, took it out and used the Sig.

On 7/26/2021 at 2:09 PM, CurlyShuffle said:

Just curious, which enhancements do you have on your Legion to get that 1.6lb trigger? (Besides the AC trigger)

- The Sig Armorer (TSA) Competition trigger job

- Gray Guns Competition Trigger Kit (installed by Robert Burke when the trigger job was done).

- Lucas Oil Extreme Duty Gun Grease - Very small amounts applied on trigger movement friction points

The FCU is always kept very clean.  An ultrasonic cleaner is used after every practice and match.  This prevents build-up of burnt powder residue on the critical moving parts of the FCU.  When it's just been cleaned and lubed, it gets down to 1 pound 4.8 ounces.

The trigger gauge being used is a digital gauge from Wheeler Engineering.

As far as trigger pull weights, the Open division guns that were shot for 20+ years had less than a 1 pound trigger, approximately 14-15 ounces.  Those triggers were done by a local gunsmith who only did that level of a trigger job if he knew you and your shooting abilities.  Those trigger jobs usually didn't last very long as they were on the razor's edge.  You knew they had worn out when the hammer started following after about a year of use.  

BC

TriggerPull.jpg

1 minute ago, BillChunn said:

- The Sig Armorer (TSA) Competition trigger job

- Gray Guns Competition Trigger Kit (installed by Robert Burke when the trigger job was done).

- Lucas Oil Extreme Duty Gun Grease - Very small amounts applied on trigger movement friction points

The FCU is always kept very clean.  An ultrasonic cleaner is used after every practice and match.  This prevents build-up of burnt powder residue on the critical moving parts of the FCU.  When it's just been cleaned and lubed, it gets down to 1 pound 4.8 ounces.

The trigger gauge being used is a digital gauge from Wheeler Engineering.

As far as trigger pull weights, the Open division guns that were shot for 20+ years had less than a 1 pound trigger, approximately 14-15 ounces.  Those triggers were done by a local gunsmith who only did that level of a trigger job if he knew you and your shooting abilities.  Those trigger jobs usually didn't last very long as they were on the razor's edge.  You knew they had worn out when the hammer started following after about a year of use.  

BC

I think Xfive legion already has a light trigger from factory.

What I care most about is the crispiness of break and very short reset. I watched one youtube review of the armor trigger and he said the reset was .1" which seems too long for me. What's Burke's trigger reset length?