Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Going to Canton, Ohio mid August, Looking for uspsa, idpa, icore matches

As title says, going to Canton OH for a week or so in mid August.

Any matches around there, Gun clubs etc.

Looking to possibly move to the area (long story)

Thanks

jcc7x7

Dynamic Shooting  Sports (DSS) is very close to Canton and is a an excellent club. Approximately 15-20 miles from Canton. DSS is in Alliance/Deerfield Ohio. They typically have a 6 stages with a classifier. The with stages are great. The club has several very good shooters as well. Helpful Staff

DSS has USPSA matches the first Sunday and the fourth Saturday of each month with 2 start times on Sundays. DSS also host multi gun, the American Defense Rifle Series, and every Wednesday night they have an outlaw steel match. https://www.dynamicshootingsports.us/

If you want something a little more low key another decent match in the area is held at the North Lawrence Fish and Game Club in North Lawrence Ohio near Massillon. Approximately 15 minutes from Canton. 

North Lawrence holds USPSA and Steel Challenge. The Steel Challenge matches are the first Sunday of the month and the USPSA match is the 3rd Saturday of the Month. https://nlfg.org/action-pistol/

From there within 60 miles you also have Crooked Creek Pistol League (CCPL) in Rome Ohio near Geneva, Lawrence County Sportsman Association in New Castle PA, Pardoe Sportsman Association Mercer PA.

About 80 miles south you have Briar Rabbit in Zanesville Ohio.

In the winter time Canal Fulton Ohio is about 15 minutes from Canton has The Armory Indoor Range that host USPSA matches every other Saturday. The Armory also has Defensive pistol every other Saturday year round.

Edited by Nightforce

If you move to Northern Ohio there is plenty of USPSA to be had. Then if you want to travel occasionally there is a ton further south. When you are bored just put Canton zip code into uspsa.org and expand the search to see all that is possible.

Battle for the North Coast is a good match. I'll be there working as usual. Look me up if you make it!

• 2 weeks later...

I 100% agree with everything above. Just wanted to add that if you have any questions both guys in charge are great to deal with and might have some advice for you. If you'd like some emails, message me. Hope to be at B4tNC as well.