Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 Takedown Lever

ClarenceOveur

With a normal grip, my left thumb is next to the takedown lever.

The stock lever chews up the side of the thumb when shooting.

I have tried a couple replacement levers, and they provide a better rest for the thumb. However, when shooting, the lever rotates down (clockwise) about 1/2 inch, because the end of the thumb is behind the pivot point.

I have looked for a smooth replacement lever but have not found one. 

Changing the grip to place the thumb far enough forward to be in front of the pivot point is not possible, without making the left hand mostly useless gripping the rest of the firearm.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Filing down the serrations would not help, the bottom of the stock lever has a curve which is also part of the problem.

The best solution would be having the lever on the right side, but I have never seen one.

I will try anything. Will give the GP a try. 

17 hours ago, ClarenceOveur said:

Seems like along the frame, below the slide, is the only place to put it. Higher it rides on the slide, lower it gets near the trigger.

Is there a better place?

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

Have it relaxed, a little more upright, and not touching the gun at all.

Supporting what @rowdyb is saying, you're gonna have to find out what will work better for you and that's gonna take a decent amount of experimentation and some ammo doing some recoil control drill whether that's doubles, Bill drills, or whatever else you can think of.

Here are some examples of people who don't park their thumb on an frame index point or lock lever. I'm not saying you have to do these grip styles, but you need to change what you're doing with your thumb to prevent inducing a failure with the gun. My point being that you can do a lot more recoil control and reduction of muzzle flip by changing what you do with your palms and fingers than pushing down on the takedown lever.

Bob Vogel
image.png.df547fc5641573546def71491fe78ce0.png

Tony Wong - now retired CO GM on a G26

image.png.be721656e0c251d6a3ea2f318a5593cc.png

Edited by TheChewycookie

• 2 weeks later...

echotango"Why not file/sand it down or fill the serrations?  Have you tried the gg gp? It might hit your thumb differently and fix the issue."

jaep1911"Yup, I bet you won’t have that issue with the gg gp. I don’t. The thumb sits right above the pivot."

Thanks for the suggestions, I tried the GG GP, and it is a little better.

On 7/14/2021 at 4:08 PM, ddc said:

Don't stop with just filing down the serrations. Cut that sucker down to size!

Or try this: https://www.ammoland.com/2020/10/keres-dynamics-releases-slim-takedown-lever-for-the-sig-sauer-p320/

I've also seen references to this but I've never seen it for sale: https://www.smallgunparts.com/Sig-P320-Leverless-Takedown-Lever

Thanks for the  info, I have never seen a lever like the Keres, looks like it would be a good solution. I have one on order.

Can't find the leverless takedown lever, but I think the Keres will work.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...