Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S1050 casefeed 13498 plunger roller drag

I have a Super 1050 with about 200k rounds on it. The 13498 plunger roller is dragging on the lower part of the cut-out window of the frame in the casefeed frame assembly. The problem developed gradually and no amount of tinkering, cleaning, re-greasing, or tightening helps.
Is it a known problem? Do I need new parts?

Asked Dillon support, but they haven't responded yet.

1050.jpg

If that has dropped and the bolt isn't bent then doesn't that mean the case plunger slide has worn on the bottom lowering the whole lot?

Do you have a different case feed slide you can try from a calibre conversion? Try a new slide and the old bolt and roller and see if it is the same.

Thank you all for the replies. The problem is resolved now.

The bolt is not bent. There is no measurable difference in casefeed slide height in areas that are visually worn or still black. Interesting nylon roller, yet I'm in Europe and those small parts costs explode pretty fast.

I thoroughly cleaned the shoulder of the bolt where it stops against the slide (thread neck fillet) and inside the slide. Now it sits as intended from the factory. I checked there a space now between the frame and the roller with a plastic film spacer. The problem was exaggerated by debris trapped between 10999 mainshaft and the frame introducing additional drag which I mistaken coming from the roller exclusively.