Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Alpha-Xi Magazine Pouch Magnet

cbrussell

How do you install the DAA magnet to the side of the the DAA Alpha-Xi magazine pouch? The front has a tapped M5 hole, but I do not see instructions on how to install it on the side of the pouch? Probably missed something.

Thanks for the help.

I didn't bother.  I bought the DAA belt clip magnet and put it directly on the belt.  Then I bought the magnet cover, because the magnet was STRONG.  Even with the cover on it will hold a full big stick or two 1911 10 round mags.  I considered putting the magnet on the pouch, but a couple of shooters complained about them always coming loose.

3 hours ago, zzt said:

I didn't bother.  I bought the DAA belt clip magnet and put it directly on the belt.  Then I bought the magnet cover, because the magnet was STRONG.  Even with the cover on it will hold a full big stick or two 1911 10 round mags.  I considered putting the magnet on the pouch, but a couple of shooters complained about them always coming loose.

That's what I did. Mounting the magnet directly to the pouch seemed a bit sketchy; I was worried about long term durability.

I put the magnet on the pouch just used a little blue Loctite and it has not come loose yet. I don't know but I don't think you can put the magnet on the side of the pouch.

That hole is for mounting the pouch to the hanger and I think its to big to tap. Also the mag might hit the screw .

I checked with DAA; they said that there are no factory provisions for attaching their magnet to the side of the pouch. I went ahead and mounted it to the front using a bit of Loctite as “sauza45” did. If I want a side mounted magnet I will go the route of “zzt” and “ddc” and install the belt mounted magnet. I did use the cover as well. Seems to work great.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, louu said:

Why can't you just put the magazine back in the magazine pouch? Isn't that what it's for? 

You just slap the mag on the magnet. Don't have to look or feel for the opening.

Sort of a gross motor function vs. fine motor function kind of thing.

11 hours ago, ddc said:

You just slap the mag on the magnet. Don't have to look or feel for the opening.

Sort of a gross motor function vs. fine motor function kind of thing.

I know, I was just joking. I swear if somone put a sticker that said "tripple alpha bullzeye" on an eighteen inch black dildo and told you guys it would help you shoot better if you attached it to your belt everyone would have one at the next match. 

1 hour ago, louu said:

I know, I was just joking. I swear if somone put a sticker that said "tripple alpha bullzeye" on an eighteen inch black dildo and told you guys it would help you shoot better if you attached it to your belt everyone would have one at the next match. 

I just put 2 extra large mag pouches on the back of my belt to hold two of those things. If one makes you shoot better, then 2 must make you betterer. 

8 hours ago, louu said:

I tried the 18 inch dildo. It was very heavy. Slowed me down too much. 12 inches works a lot better.