Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooters world powder, Ive found a new powder for 45ACP !!

ghost21

Finally Worked up some loads for 45 using the pound of Shooters' world Ultimate pistol !

And I love it !

My load is 

4.7 grs under a 200gr SWC

CCI large pistol primers

mixed brass

Pistol

Springfield loaded stainless , factory recoil spring

Average FPS 830

SDs - 22 to 26

SDs arent the best but the load is a very soft shooting, And Im putting shots in a spot on paper the size of a silver dollar, at 25 yds., from a rest very close to that off hand.

The powder measures very well in the Dillon powder measure, the only thing about it is, have to be careful, lot of room to double charge if your not careful .

I just hope the availability get better, I've only got the one pounder.

I would say that shooters world powder is a good one !

Glad you like it, but something is very wrong here.  With a 200 @ 830 fps your SDs should be single digit, or 12 at worst.  If you have to make PF, that's one thing.  I'd actually go up a little.

If you are shooting bullseye, you have to experiment.  Make a ladder of loads ranging from 4.0 to 5.0, then shoot them from a rest while chronoing.  You may be very surprised at the results.  I was always told that a 200 at around 800 was the most accurate for bullseye.  I did what I'm suggesting you do and discovered the most accurate and consistent load for me was SD 4.9 and 724fps with a 200.  Spot on accurate.  Worse slower or faster.  Go figure!

I will chrono again, But at 25yrds I am inside a 2 inch circle from a rest and free hand I can take that circle clean off the paper!

As soon as I can I will post some pics.

I have found though that the Ultimate pistol is not temp sensitive. I my ammo sits in the house on the bench in air conditioning and I can go right out and shoot it, or let it set and warm up, And I can tell only a slight difference in numbers.

Like I said I will chrono again and post some pics when I have time, working 60 hours a week plays hell on range time!

Edited by ghost21