Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'll never give up

Polaris13

I'm not one to whine or complain, but since it can be done with a reasonable amount of anonymity...

my last two years:  carpel tunnel, trigger thumb, carpel tunnel on other hand, open heart surgery, plantar faciiatis, 8mm kidney stone blast, and then to top it off: a broken foot.

I'm getting older, so I understand that my competitive years are quickly dwindling.  I do hope to be pissing off the youngsters for another year or two.  I'm back at practicing hard to that end.  I haven't got myself on a timer just yet, but based on practice, my previous speed is not there.

When I get back to pistol matches, I'll evaluate my skill sets.  If they are not up to what I feel is a reasonable standard, I'll focus on PRS to feed my competitive spirit.  I can also offer value in helping teach at my local club.  Teaching has been extremely satisfying.  Seeing a student's groups get smaller and their speed increase puts a huge smile on my face, almost as big as theirs.

To all of you who are suffering health issues:  take the set back as a challenge and feed off of it.  Never ever give up.

I wish you all improved health.

Edited by Polaris13

You have the correct attitude.  Been there, (doing) that.

73 1/2 years old, and in the past four years:

Plantar fasciatis surgery

Cataract surgery

Open heart surgery 

Double pneumonia

Spine surgery

Sleep apnea

Cancer

Still shooting an average of six matches per month.

Against the wind, brother.

Against the wind.

• 2 weeks later...