Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Please educate me on CZ's

Flaman

1 hour ago, Flaman said:

Hi,

I really like the CZ's I've looked so far and I'd love to buy one. But... I'm so confused! Orange, Blue, Black and Blue, Shadow. Shadow 2, TS, etc.  

Please educate me on these CZ's. 

Thanks! 

What is the intended purpose of the pistol you wish to purchase?  That will help narrow down your selection process considerably.

For example, there's a significant difference in available features (and cost) between a CZ Checkmate and a CZ P-10C. 

If you're looking for an EDC gun, the Checkmate probably be the pistol to buy, and if you want to shoot competition in USPSA matches in Open Division, I wouldn't recommend the P-10C! 

1 hour ago, 45 Raven said:

If you're looking for an EDC gun, the Checkmate probably be the pistol to buy, and if you want to shoot competition in USPSA matches in Open Division, I wouldn't recommend the P-10C! 

Huh? Who in the world is gonna EDC  a full on open division blaster?

3 hours ago, Flaman said:

Hi,

I really like the CZ's I've looked so far and I'd love to buy one. But... I'm so confused! Orange, Blue, Black and Blue, Shadow. Shadow 2, TS, etc.  

Thanks! 

Like has been said, we need more info. What is the intended purpose of this gun? Do you have a preference in caliber (40s&w, 9mm, 45ACP, etc.). 

Almost all new CZ's are based on the CZ75 design, which has been around for many years. Each of the models you mentioned vary in their designed purpose for different divisions within USPSA and other shooting sports.

2 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

I think that was a typo as the other example was saying you wouldn’t compete in open with a P series. I thought the same thing though.

12 hours ago, Flaman said:

Hi,

Thanks! 

u forgot parrot/ carrot model 😉 and  new green frog too .

13 hours ago, Russty said:

Yeah, no. Do some basic Googling and learn. Or just search this site a tiny bit. It's all out there for you.

Thank you.  I'm looking for a 9mm range gun between $1200 & $1800. Yes... I'm aware that I can search Google, but I posted my question here because I want to read about your thoughts and experiences. 

12 hours ago, Nathanb said:

And really not that complicated 

Thank you for your participation. By all means please feel free to ignore this thread. 

Edited by Flaman

7 minutes ago, Flaman said:

Thank you.  I'm looking for a 9mm range gun between $1200 & $1800. Yes... I'm aware that I can search Google, but I posted my question here because I want to read about your thoughts and experiences. 

Thank you for your participation. By all means please feel free to ignore this thread. 

You were asked legitimate questions about the intended use because this is a competition centric forum where specific sport rules are a significant factor in pistol selection.

By "range gun" are we to assume that you're not a competitive shooter?  If so, the choice doesn't really matter.

My CZ SP01 with Cajun Gunworks competition package is one of my top three favorite guns that I have.  Actually a great value.  I've shot Shadows and Shadow 2's and truthfully they shot the same as my gun. 

I did the install of the Cajun Gunworks package myself.  Not the easiest job in the world, but doable.  Converted to single action too.  Cajun Gunworks customer service is excellent as well.

My buddy who is a Glock Fan Boy shot it and said "this is cheating" it was so good.

Good luck with your decision.

Edited by Polaris13

13 hours ago, Flaman said:

Hi,

Thanks! 

Get one I currently have 11 of their pistols. Quite a few from CZ Custom. Heres my latest purchase waited 4 months for the build.

107091646_628532488059614_7459417600170978834_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Flaman said:

If you compete and want to shoot production class, your price range would just about get you into a Shadow 2 Orange. The Orange in the S2 line adds hand fitted slide/barrel, a unique to the Orange slide, barrel bushing, polished barrel and some factory trigger work. I don't know that there is a better choice in the CZ lineup that is production legal. 

If you're just looking for a range gun and not competing, it opens up the choices to include guns like the Checkmate. But they are well above your price range. 

in that price range I would consider one of the Shadow 2 variants or a Bull Shadow.  NOTE: these do not have firing pin blocks so if that is a requirement for you than 75B SP-01 style would be what might consider. 

19 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

Nobody, hopefully.  I thought it was obvious I was pointing out to the OP that simply asking for help in determining which CZ to buy, it made it difficult to offer help without further information.

If he was looking for an EDC gun, it narrows down the list of options that might be suggested.  And if he was looking for a competition gun, it offers another suite of selections, depending on the sport and the division.

OP:  Which CZ should I buy?

Forum Member:  Buy a Checkmate, because it is a cool gun!

OP:  This is for EDC, will one of those fit in an IWB holster?

Forum Member:  Buy a RAMI, because they really shoot well.

OP:  Is that gun legal in Limited Division?  Because I'm using it for competition.

Get my drift, now?

Edited by 45 Raven

1 hour ago, 45 Raven said:

Nobody, hopefully.  I thought it was obvious I was pointing out to the OP that simply asking for help in determining which CZ to buy, it made it difficult to offer help without further information.

If he was looking for an EDC gun, it narrows down the list of options that might be suggested.  And if he was looking for a competition gun, it offers another suite of selections, depending on the sport and the division.

Forum Member:  Buy a Checkmate, because it is a cool gun!

OP:  This is for EDC, will one of those fit in an IWB holster?

Forum Member:  Buy a RAMI, because they really shoot well.

OP:  Is that gun legal in Limited Division?  Because I'm using it for competition.

Get my drift, now?

Oh, I got your drift when you posted it. If you are gonna leave openings like that, someone will drive a truck through it. 

4 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

Oh, I got your drift when you posted it. If you are gonna leave openings like that, someone will drive a truck through it. 

Well, I wasn't aware I needed to be vigilant about "leaving openings" when trying to help someone.  I made an attempt to provide an example of the wide variability in available CZ pistols when I recommended to the OP to provide more specifics.  

Silly me . . . . I thought it would help him.  Little did I realize that  there would be Forum Members (including members of admin) looking for opportunities to "drive trucks though openings" in their eagerness to call someone out that was well-intentioned.

Mission accomplished, I guess.  I made the post.  You saw an opening and drove a truck through it, and followed up by warning me that it could likely happen again.

Not real sure what that accomplished on behalf of the OP, though.

On 7/11/2021 at 6:47 AM, Flaman said:

Don't forget about the Bull Shadow's 😆.  They are in your price range. DA/SA, bull barrel, 9mm. Range gun or production race gun. It doesn't have a rail if that's what are looking for in a CZ.

On 7/10/2021 at 5:24 PM, Flaman said:

Hi,

Thanks! 

OK OK gang!  Easy now, we are all here for the common good so let's try to be supportive.

If you want a competition gun consider one of the Shadows - and why not get the best, the 2 Orange or a Cajun or a CZ-USA Custom.  If you want a really fun, really accurate gun to challenge your target capabilities consider the Tac Sport Orange.  I couldn't decide, and now I have both a S2O and a TSO.  🙂

2 hours ago, WildPete said:

Don't forget about the Bull Shadow's 😆.  They are in your price range. DA/SA, bull barrel, 9mm. Range gun or production race gun. It doesn't have a rail if that's what are looking for in a CZ.

The Bull version based on the newer Shadow 2 platform is not in his price range. 

On 7/16/2021 at 8:27 AM, jejb said:

The Bull version based on the newer Shadow 2 platform is not in his price range. 

I was talking about the regular Bull Shadow...without the rail.  That Bull Shadow would be in his price range.

I didn't say Bull Shadow 2.  He wants to know about CZ's and posted a price range. He also mentioned there were so many different models of CZ's which I thought was funny considering what CZC has done with the excellent bull barrel models. 

OP, the Bull Shadows come with a bull barrel and trigger work.

You have the:

• CZ 75 Bull Shadow
  • CZ 75 Bull Shadow RDS (a little higher in price)
  • CZ 75 SP-01 Bull Shadow
  • CZ 75 Bull Shadow 2
  • CZ 75 Semi compact Bull
  • CZ 75 Bull Sport
  • Or you can buy a Bull Upper

Welcome to the wonderful world of CZ pistols👍701605934_bullshadow.thumb.JPG.0f1bc288f6e4ea3a982a11241626ef80.JPG