Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load data information on 6mm ARC

S&W686

I recently purchased a Uintah Precision Bolt Action AR in 6mm ARC.   This will be my first attempt at loading rifle loads.  I have been on the Hodgdon Reloading Data Center and acquired some information on reloading the 6mm ARC from them.  I would like to know if anyone else reloading this caliber and if you had any information that might be helpful.  Thanks

I am building a 6mm ARC AR upper now. There is load data experience on the "HIDE". Leverlution seems to be a popular powder for 6mm ARC with 105 to 110 weight projectiles. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 6mmAR and a 6mm ARC. I have use CFE223 in both because I had a pile of it and Lever was nowhere to be found. I tried a couple of loads with AR Comp but didn't get the accuracy I was expecting so just went with CFE223.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In case anyone's looking, Hodgdon has quite a bit of data on the Reloading Data Center.  Lots of powders to include the Ramshot line.  

I've been using a milsurp 4895 powder and hydro-formed 7.62x39 brass.  Mixed head stamps so case capacity is a bit all over the place but I'm happy with the results so far.  One of these days I'll make it out to the nearest 1K spot and see what my loads will do at distance.  

Just for reference I'm using a Faxon 16" barrel.  100-ish grain bullets are running 2,450-2,500.