Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SRO Warranty Question

I purchased a 2.5 SRO in early Spring.  I put it on a CZ Shadow 2 optic ready and shot a handful of practice sessions on one match.  I get it out shoot a match and can't get the dot to brighten up, its extremely dim.  I contacted Trijicon and they sent RMA and I sent the sight in.  After about a mount with no word, I emailed them.  Within 20 min I get a response that they are replacing the sight and I will get a tracking number.  After about a week with no tracking, I send another email.  No response.  I then send another a couple days later.

They responded that they submitted my info for replacement on June 24th but they do not have any available.  Usual estimated time for replacement can be 2-4 weeks

but as they stated, It could be up to 23 weeks.  Does this sound right.  Have others experienced this much of a time delay.  I live in N. Idaho with a 6 month shooting season and have already lost out on 4 matches in Carry Optics.  I have owned 5 other Trijicon product and have never had to use the warranty.  Is this the norm?

Rant over, thanks

SROs are popular and if you watch the stock especially on the 5 MOA units, they are never in stock.  You have to also factor in the chip shortage issue that seems to be affecting every industry.  There are electronics in the unit so I would assume the chip issue is affecting optics companies as well.  Bad timing for your unit to go down.  For these reasons Trijicon is covering their ass in case it does take 23 weeks. 

Spares are essential when it comes to Red Dots.  Even if the spare is not at the same level or price point as your primary optic, you should have something.  None of them seem to be immune from malfunction.  Its just a matter of when the optic will go down. 

Lucky for me the carry optic is not my only comp gun.  I still have the ability to shoot Limited, Open and PCC.  Just sucks I wanted to try my hand at carry optics this season but that is fading fast

I hate to say my experience was textbook perfect.  One day my SRO worked, the next it would not come on. After changing battery with no result, I contacted Trijicon, sent them the optic and in 3 weeks i had it back and working great since then.  

such a big delay is not what they want either.  

I know you asked about a SRO but I sent in a Romeo 3 max they got it on a Friday and had the new one on the way by Tuesday.  I dont think they fix them I think its a in stock thing meaning if its in stock it will be fast if not good luck.

If it does take 23 weeks as was stated, they will have had it longer than me.  I have sent out 2 more emails asking for any updates on new stock becoming available.  No replies to either email.  Not real happy with Trijicon at this point.  I would think a SRO would last more than 500 rounds on a CZ Shadow 2.  Thinking about trying the
DeltaPoint but I read they have problems too.  But maybe their warranty turnaround is faster, LOL.

On 7/7/2021 at 10:21 AM, 11287 said:

Lucky for me the carry optic is not my only comp gun.  I still have the ability to shoot Limited, Open and PCC.  Just sucks I wanted to try my hand at carry optics this season but that is fading fast. 

4 hours ago, 11287 said:

If it does take 23 weeks as was stated, they will have had it longer than me.  I have sent out 2 more emails asking for any updates on new stock becoming available.  No replies to either email.  Not real happy with Trijicon at this point.  I would think a SRO would last more than 500 rounds on a CZ Shadow 2.  Thinking about trying the
DeltaPoint but I read they have problems too.  But maybe their warranty turnaround is faster, LOL.

Anyone else have something available? Even a cheaper model that would fit just to get by? If this weather stays the way it’s been things aren’t going to cool down and you’ll be able to shoot until December. 😀
sorry for the double quote I hit the wrong one and couldn’t get rid of it. 

Edited by Farmer

One of the problems is the plate I had to purchase for the SRO hole pattern.  It's the one from Cajun for around $95 plus shipping.  If I go with something else, I get to buy another plate.  I have been shooting limited the past few matches.  My limited gun is a SVI sight tracker, so its not like I have nothing else that's decent to shoot.

1 hour ago, 11287 said:

One of the problems is the plate I had to purchase for the SRO hole pattern.  It's the one from Cajun for around $95 plus shipping.  If I go with something else, I get to buy another plate.  I have been shooting limited the past few matches.  My limited gun is a SVI sight tracker, so its not like I have nothing else that's decent to shoot.

If you want to shoot, pick up a Swampfox Justice. It uses the same plate as the Trijicon RMR/SRO and has a clear wide lens. Last weekend they did have them in stock.

Looks like the squeaky wheel just got oiled.  I pays to be persistent.  I got an email this morning for my tracking number for a new SRO.  If it arrives within a week it will be about a 7 week turnaround.  I guess that beats 23 weeks.

• 3 weeks later...