Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ P10C Optic Ready Red Dot Opinions

JJB05

Hey guys, just purchased a CZ P10C Optics Ready pistol.  I have its baby brother the P10S and got a good deal on the C.  I don't really use red dots for carry guns, and shoot Open in USPSA, but was mulling slapping a red dot on the C for when my local club has an IDPA match (don't judge).  Curious as to what options there are for plates and optics for the C and what you guys are using and success/failures you have had with putting an optic on this gun.  Appreciate the help/advice and thank you in advance.

I have a p10f and i love my RTS2 on it. a used one but it works great. reliable. I don't know about carry reliability. I just got the DeltaPoint Pro and waiting on the optic to be delivered tomorrow. It seems pretty good. I took off the metal shroud to save visual bulk when shooting matches. I don't know good the reliability is on it for carrying. i'm hearing good things about the DPP after they upgraded the board they install in them. If i can provide any more feedback on any of it. Let me know.

For medium price range, I think Sig Romeo1 Pro (not the original Romeo1) is excellent, for its good window size, easy control, great reliability and dot options (3MOA or 6MOA).

Edited by D_B_X

+1 for SGT and 45 on the Trijicons.  SRO 5 is a nice optic. Just have to buy a nice $15 cover for it.  And the Sig Romeo Pro is nice for less price.

And don't forget the loctite - saw what happens once.

BTW, how are the trigger from the factory? The same? (Don't mean to hijack the post so feel free to message me.)

The SRO is a very good optic, other than the fact that 1 of 2 new ones I bought died after a few hundred rounds.  I called and got a rep after 2m of waiting; the guy was super polite and I got an RMA.  About 2 weeks after they got it, I got an email saying the sight will be covered under warranty.  It has been a month since that time and nothing back, but they did say there is a big backlog for service.  That to me is also an issue and indicator.  Long story short, when they work, they work very well.  For context, Ive had more SIGs die than Trijicons.  The only optic that has never failed me is a Cmore Slideride - other than that, you name it, Ive seen it go down.

My favorite optic is the Vortex Venom.  I have them mounted on 1911s (45 and 9) each with over 7,000 rounds and never a hiccup. Change the batteries annually at New Year's along with the smoke detector batteries in my home.

Another huge plus for Vortex Optics, their warranty guarantee is no questions asked, for the life of the optic, no matter who owns the optic. Few others have a similar warranty.

On 7/12/2021 at 1:39 PM, rpm8300 said:

The SRO is a very good optic, other than the fact that 1 of 2 new ones I bought died after a few hundred rounds.  I called and got a rep after 2m of waiting; the guy was super polite and I got an RMA.  About 2 weeks after they got it, I got an email saying the sight will be covered under warranty.  It has been a month since that time and nothing back, but they did say there is a big backlog for service.  That to me is also an issue and indicator.  Long story short, when they work, they work very well.  For context, Ive had more SIGs die than Trijicons.  The only optic that has never failed me is a Cmore Slideride - other than that, you name it, Ive seen it go down.

I must be lucky.  My two SROs work perfectly.  The oldest one has probably 5K rounds through it and has been dropped on gravel in a match.  The new one racked up 1000 round in less than a month.

I’ve got a P10C w/ Type 2 RMR going on 4 years and maybe 5-6K-ish rounds.  No issues whatsoever, and I just replaced the battery with it being on fulltime at medium-medium/high intensity (I was kind of testing the battery life).  I got the gun in ‘18 before the OR models were released, so mine was direct milled.  This was my first optic handgun, so kind of an experiment which led me down the path to Carry Optics and currently shoot a couple Shadow 2’s with SROs.  Love these red dots, and they’ve held up really well with nary a flicker or hiccup.  

The bigger window on the SRO is nice, but I don’t feel the RMR’s smaller window handicaps me that much.  My P10 is more of a carry/HD gun but I have shot IDPA with it (I won’t judge if you don’t) as well as 3 gun with it. I like the 5 - 6.5 MOA size dot for pistols.  The smaller MOAs seem to work better on carbines.