Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 with Cajun 10X bushing fit question

fyaman43

For those that have installed the 10X bushing on an S2, is it difficult/near impossible to remove the barrel for cleaning, etc.?  

My Accu with the CZC bushing would be impossible to remove the barrel without removing the bushing so wondering how it works with the fixed Cajun bushing.  

Thanks!

i use this Antonin Z.  bushing .very tight tolerances . it can be used with longer barrels with no problem. and tight fit.

https://www.ipscstore.com/en/cz-75-tactical-sport/2401-eemann-tech-precise-barrel-bushing-for-cz-75-01-shadow-cz-shadow-2-cz-75-ts.html

in my TSO it improved accuracy from 3" at 20 y. to  less than 3/4" . with only minor sight zeroing change.( 2 clicks down only)

(gun was supplied with almost  3"  spread  🙈 factory target at 25 y.)

I have to force the barrel down a bit through the ejection port to get the barrel out of my Shadow 2 slide with the CGW installed CGW bushing. Thought it was wrong when I got it back, but the forums and CGW all say that's normal with the bushing. 

Thanks for the responses.

My thoughts (on the Cajun bushing) were that if it’s tight enough to improve lockup/accuracy, it’d be too tight to be able to remove the barrel.  Seems as though it’s a little of both or somewhere in the middle.

Edited by fyaman43

I found mine very hard to remove the first time until I figured out correct orientation and where to move when. I think if you maneuver it for a bit nicely, it should come out. At least mine did. And it's still accurate as heck. But definitely tighter than before.

• 3 years later...

Thanks for all the responses here.  I had a shop do some slide milling on my S2 and install the CGW 10x bushing.  I couldn't remove the barrel initially, but with some wiggling at the right angles I can now remove it and re-install it.  It took a little while to figure out but it works.