Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

race holster for the x5 Legion

jimbullet

I was all about RHT but the wait time and cost didn't work for me (I run the Zev slide for my CO setup since it gets the SRO a LOT lower than the factory plus a plate). 

The GX holster doesn't work with a *thumb rest [generic]* so that was returned (but you might not care about that).

The DAA holster is very flexible and nice but also doesn't let you run the *thumb rest [generic]*. 

I actually run a Four Bros holster for a *thumb rest [generic]* and even it needed to be trimmed to fit the more forward SRO on the Zev slide (love it BTW).  And that works great.  I'm working with him for a deeper cut to see the chamber.  

Longs Shadow Holsters. I had to Dremel a little bit of material off to clear the extended mag release. I later added the clamp lever si,liar to the one on the GX Vice holster to “lock” the pistol in the holster when not in the act of a course of fire. It does not have the magnet to hold the lever down when the lock is not engaged the the GX vice holster but it has not hindered draw stroke in any manner. 

RHT - cracked (another shooter had the same problem)

ordered a vice holster from GX but haven’t received it yet in eight weeks (no reply to my multiple emails) 

Got one from Blade Tech - nice. Works with the *thumb rest [generic]*

comp- tac seems to be popular and looks very nice

58 minutes ago, jaep1911 said:

ordered a vice holster from GX but haven’t received it yet in eight weeks (no reply to my multiple emails) 

if it makes you feel any better, I had the same lack of response to my inquiries.  But I did finally get it and I like it a lot.

I had a RHT before that that did fit my *thumb rest [generic]*, but I liked the idea of the GX Vise holster.   I'll probably be putting the RHT up for sale soon.

22 hours ago, LMS said:

if it makes you feel any better, I had the same lack of response to my inquiries.  But I did finally get it and I like it a lot.

I had a RHT before that that did fit my *thumb rest [generic]*, but I liked the idea of the GX Vise holster.   I'll probably be putting the RHT up for sale soon.

wow the gx vice holster has a lead time of 5 weeks. 

3 hours ago, jimbullet said:

wow the gx vice holster has a lead time of 5 weeks. 

That's the quoted lead time - mine was longer.    I will say that I would still get it even knowing the delays.  Quality is good and it works as advertised.    Just be prepared to be in the dark on it until it shows up.

On 7/4/2021 at 7:23 AM, jaep1911 said:

RHT - cracked (another shooter had the same problem)

Got one from Blade Tech - nice. Works with the *thumb rest [generic]*

comp- tac seems to be popular and looks very nice

I’ll bet you hear from GX today.

1 hour ago, LMS said:

That's the quoted lead time - mine was longer.    I will say that I would still get it even knowing the delays.  Quality is good and it works as advertised.    Just be prepared to be in the dark on it until it shows up.

GX is pretty much a one man show. Even though it’s his full time job he still is pretty busy volunteering his time to the sport as an MD for level I,2,and 3 matches. 

Ran a RHT and a Weber in the past, have a GX now. Wasn’t happy with the edges or fitment of the RHT and I liked the Weber even less. I don’t think there’s a single thing I’d change about my GX. 

Wait time does suck, but you’re getting a custom holster that’s in high demand. 

1 minute ago, Sarge said:

GX is pretty much a one man show. Even though it’s his full time job he still is pretty busy volunteering his time to the sport as an MD for level I,2,and 3 matches. 

Yea I surmised as much, and kudos to Lafe for doing both (supporting the shoots and creating something useful and trying to make money from it).

On the latter, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a little better and more accurate communication though - especially when you order and it forces you to acknowledge a 5 week wait time.  Just change that number to 8 or 10 or whatever. 

1 minute ago, LMS said:

Yea I surmised as much, and kudos to Lafe for doing both (supporting the shoots and creating something useful and trying to make money from it).

On the latter, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a little better and more accurate communication though - especially when you order and it forces you to acknowledge a 5 week wait time.  Just change that number to 8 or 10 or whatever. 

That’s a fair point 

1 hour ago, LMS said:

100%

On 7/3/2021 at 9:26 PM, uhmeebuh said:

The GX holster doesn't work with a *thumb rest [generic]* so that was returned (but you might not care about that).

The GX Products VICE holster completely clears the thumb rest.  No Dremel work required at all.  And it locks.

BC

On 7/6/2021 at 9:33 AM, BillChunn said:

The GX Products VICE holster completely clears the thumb rest.  No Dremel work required at all.  And it locks.

BC

You are correct!

Sorry, I wasn't clear about what I meant - I run a Zev slide on my X5 since it let's me direct mount an SRO and get it a lot closer to the barrel.  The GX Vice X5 holster does not work with some aftermarket slides like the Zev.