Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello...Can you point me in the right direction

FRKN9

Hello.  I'm always interested in what can be done and what's new.  May have guessed, or not,...anyways my screen name is short for Franken9, my AR9.  My first ever build, completed on an AR15 platform using Endomags, and it's made up of parts pieces from about 15 or so different manufacturers hence the name.  I bugged a lot of tech people from a lot of companies with a lot of questions to get it done and it works better than I hoped it would.  I use the CMMG 22lr converter in an AR15 and it got me thinking, as similar as 9 and 38 ammo is, could I figure out an easy way to also use some of the 38 ammo reliably.

If anyone has info, thoughts, or advice I'm all ears....even if it's just to point me in some direction or tell me it's been tried and failed.  I've looked around for info on the topic and haven't found much, so coming to a PCC forum seemed like then next best step.  Thanks, 🌭N9

Edited by FRKN9
spelling

• 2 months later...
On 6/30/2021 at 9:31 PM, FRKN9 said:

Hello.  I'm always interested in what can be done and what's new.  May have guessed, or not,...anyways my screen name is short for Franken9, my AR9.  My first ever build, completed on an AR15 platform using Endomags, and it's made up of parts pieces from about 15 or so different manufacturers hence the name.  I bugged a lot of tech people from a lot of companies with a lot of questions to get it done and it works better than I hoped it would.  I use the CMMG 22lr converter in an AR15 and it got me thinking, as similar as 9 and 38 ammo is, could I figure out an easy way to also use some of the 38 ammo reliably.

If anyone has info, thoughts, or advice I'm all ears....even if it's just to point me in some direction or tell me it's been tried and failed.  I've looked around for info on the topic and haven't found much, so coming to a PCC forum seemed like then next best step.  Thanks, 🌭N9

Late to reply here, hope you get a notification.  First, I though your name was for freakin' 9! 😉  When I was doing my 9mm PCC build I didn't come across anyone making a .38 super barrel in SBR or carbine length.  You may get a a barrel maker interested in making one for you, for a few pretty pennies.  Good luck!