Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ugh…. fresh batch of bullets and they are mixed weights

Kirkster

Hey, if you guys ordered anything from Delta Precision lately you might want to get the scale out.  I always spot check 30 or so projectiles out of a new case from various places in the bag.  I did this with my latest case of 124 grain FMJ bullets from Precision Delta,  They were coming up 115 grains and an occasional 124 grain bullet.  So I kept weighting them until I had one hundred 115 grain bullets.  I only had 17 124 grain bullets when I finished the hundred 115 grain bullets.

This was ordered on the 24th of June.

I have emailed them and have yet to open the second case.  I will probably do that on camera.  Hopefully I will hear from Precision Delta in the morning or sooner…

Kirk

4 hours ago, Kirkster said:

Hey, if you guys ordered anything from Delta Precision lately you might want to get the scale out.  I always spot check 30 or so projectiles out of a new case from various places in the bag.  I did this with my latest case of 124 grain FMJ bullets from Precision Delta,  They were coming up 115 grains and an occasional 124 grain bullet.  So I kept weighting them until I had one hundred 115 grain bullets.  I only had 17 124 grain bullets when I finished the hundred 115 grain bullets.

This was ordered on the 24th of June.

I have emailed them and have yet to open the second case.  I will probably do that on camera.  Hopefully I will hear from Precision Delta in the morning or sooner…

Kirk

Just checked my last batch received two weeks ago. They're fine. 

Kirk - I have learned a lot about PD in the last two months having now ordered 4 times from them (in the last two months). They are GOOD folks and will make whatever issue you have - right….

With PD being located in Mississippi, and me living here also, my first experience with PD was by phone and they could not have been any nicer or more professional….Good Luck and if you do not hear back from them by email I would say to not hesitate to call them….Mark

Talked to them this morning.  Opened the second case and stared weighing this time it was a hundred or so 124s and 13 115s…

They are looking at things and will call me back.

Guess I will be sorting for a while…

1 minute ago, Kirkster said:

Talked to them this morning.  Opened the second case and stared weighing this time it was a hundred or so 124s and 13 115s…

They are looking at things and will call me back.

Guess I will be sorting for a while…

Hmm, I ordered a bunch this past month. I weighed maybe 2 or 3 from the first case just to see how close to 124 gr they were and figured I was good to go. I guess I’ll weigh a few more just to make sure. 

I found that setting a caliper to .563 inches and if the bullet passes through it is 115 grains.  If not it is 124 grains.  Still sorting 2K in bullets is not my idea of fun times.  Even while on a con call.

Edited by Kirkster
Spelling

1 hour ago, Kirkster said:

Still sorting 2K in bullets is not my idea of fun times.  Even while on a con call.

You should not have to.  Call them again, ask them to send you a return label, then return them.  If they cannot give you replacements that are guaranteed all the same weight, get a refund and buy elsewhere.

Well they are going to ship me two fresh cases.  They want to do a QC on the Bullets since the 115s and 124s are two different products so this should not happen.  So they are having me send them back when the new cases come.

Edited by Kirkster

Well, I opened a fresh case, mixed them up a bit and then pulled out a random cupful and weighed about 50 of them. They all weighed 124.2 grains. I’m satisfied.  I always weigh a few when I open a fresh case, and I’ll continue to do so. It’s too bad about yours, but good to know they are taking care of you. Makes me happy to do business with them again. 

8 hours ago, George16 said:

Dang, I better open up the the last two cases I ordered a month ago or so. However, I always received high quality bullets on all my previous orders.

I agree, I was impressed with their product, this was my first time ordering from them as I hadn’t been using actual jacketed Bullets. But Covid craziness has shown us that anyone can make mistakes, and I’ve been a bit more forgiving of them. I got a whole case of coated Bullets that were sized wrong (.355 instead of .356). I just shot them as practice rounds. 

9 minutes ago, Bullzeye said:

Just got an order in this week of 2K 124gr PD JHP. This post concerned me so I grabbed 50 random heads and weighted them. All in the 124gr range. 

Glad to hear it.  PD is standing behind their name on this one so hopefully it is just a fluke.

This does seem to be my luck though…

Edited by Kirkster
Typo

• 2 weeks later...