Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 for steel challenge carry optics

ahfox32

Just ordered an Icarus pro competition grip and now I need some suggestions for all the other pieces I'll need to complete the pistol. I have never owned a Sig so I'm a complete idgit on these pistols. I know I'll need a FCU, slide, barrel, guide rod/springs, mags & mag release, take down lever (would probably like one with a built in thumb rest), etc. This will be a dedicated CO gun so no sights needed.

Please share your suggestions/experience to help me get started down this path.

Thanks in advance.

Unless they changed the rules you'll have to use it in limited or open since the grip is extended to form a magwell. Not sure as they seem to change the rules all the time lately. 

Aside from the frame / grip module I would get an x5 slide which already has optic cuts, upgraded barrel, and steel guiderod that takes 1911 springs. Add a Grey guns trigger and you are good. 

Edited by DesertTortoise

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 1:44 PM, ahfox32 said:

Thanks DesertTortoise. I went ahead & just bought a Legion. Now waiting on a mag release, SRO mounting plate & some other goodies to arrive.

you don't need an SRO mounting plate. The new Legions have SRO foot prints. I just bought mine two weeks ago. same deal

14 minutes ago, yekcoh said:

The new Legions have SRO foot prints

Does the SRO fit flush against the cutouts in the slide?  Does the slide have lugs that fit up into the SRO?  If not, you may want to consider an plate.  With no lugs and/or the optic does not fit snug into the slide cutouts only the screws are feeling the sheer force of the optic as the slide cycles.  Those screws will most likely not last long.

IMHO a plate is the best way to mount an SRO. If mounted to the stock slide cut the front of the SRO overhangs the ejection port and that might cause issues with junk on the glass and maybe brass hitting the glass. Also, if mounted this way the screws are all that is holding the SRO on the slide. A Springer Precision plate has lugs and the SRO is at the rear of the slide away from the ejection port.

On 7/14/2021 at 3:34 PM, ahfox32 said:

IMHO a plate is the best way to mount an SRO. If mounted to the stock slide cut the front of the SRO overhangs the ejection port and that might cause issues with junk on the glass and maybe brass hitting the glass. Also, if mounted this way the screws are all that is holding the SRO on the slide. A Springer Precision plate has lugs and the SRO is at the rear of the slide away from the ejection port.

I really liked SRO so I wanted to use it on my Sig legion couple years back. I could not stand the adapter plate. The whole shooting experience changes when you add half an inch to the height of sro. Something about it is off.

I sold all that s#!t and fast forward to this year. Heard Sig listened and actually improved hence RMR foot print on newer runs.

Shooting feels great. IMO, plate is a massive compromise.

I've been getting Brass to optic on other guns and ran fine for over a year of shooting. I got over the idea of brass hitting optic. Besides, I've yet to have any issues or brass markings on my legion.

I was initially concerned with The extra overhang. It is minimal, it doesn't cause any problems

fYkB7AW.jpg

Edited by yekcoh

On 7/14/2021 at 3:02 PM, Boomstick303 said:

Does the SRO fit flush against the cutouts in the slide?  Does the slide have lugs that fit up into the SRO?  If not, you may want to consider an plate.  With no lugs and/or the optic does not fit snug into the slide cutouts only the screws are feeling the sheer force of the optic as the slide cycles.  Those screws will most likely not last long.

Thanks for the replies. I also got an extended Springer mag release & SRO optic plate, an Icarus grip module, and a thumb rest. Bought a FCU for the stock grip so I can have the option of two different grips. Now if I can just find an OEM Legion complete slide I'll have two complete guns.

• 2 weeks later...

New P320 Xfive Legion. shoots great. Questioning should I upgrade barrel? Upgrades that have been performed: GGs adjustable Competition flat Trigger system, Springer Extended ma release, *thumb rest [generic]* *thumb rest [generic]* takedown lever, SP 21 rd 140mm baseplates. 

thanks,