Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone know where to find primers?

6 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

so serious offence = violate dumb MA state regulations, Ok makes sense (the statement not the law).

Free market = Not Fair ?  

Honestly this is my problem I do not see anything not fair about it, you are free to do the same thing those you condemn are, but you choose not to, that's your choice. The fact that others are making that choice means that primers ARE available, just at a price point that matches the supply vs demand equation. I actually feel bad for how we as a comunity treat our retailers, Cabellas should be free to sell their primers at current market prices, but they don't because we will condemn them for "Price Gouging" so they sell sell them at a lower price point because they live in fear the public not actually thinking freedom is a good thing.

Save yourself the frustration. I've tried relaying the lessons of basic economics to many in the "2A" community.

It's like talking to a wall.

"If we could just stop humans from acting on basic human nature, this silliness would stop...fairness". Good luck with that.

Save yourself the frustration. Go to the garage. Get a hammer and start bashing your hand. Much less painful than the afore mentioned conversation.

Most people, including the gun community, are only free market capitalist when they can get what they want at the price they want. If they can't, then that free market nonsense goes right out the window.

Edited by iflyskyhigh

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, iflyskyhigh said:

Save yourself the frustration. I've tried relaying the lessons of basic economics to many in the "2A" community.

"If we could just stop humans from acting on basic human nature, this silliness would stop...fairness". Good luck with that.

Save yourself the frustration. Go to the garage. Get a hammer and start bashing your hand. Much less painful than the afore mentioned conversation.

Most people, including the gun community, are only free market capitalist when they can get what they want at the price they want. If they can't, then that free market nonsense goes right out the window.

unfortunately true

2 hours ago, iflyskyhigh said:

Being pro free market doesn’t mean you can’t gripe and complain. 

not to mention not buying because of high prices. Pretty sure that’s part of a free market too, no? Price is more than someone wants to pay, so they don’t. Free market. prices come down maybe they buy again. Prices don’t come down, they continue not buying or get used to the new price and buy. Free market. Seems to be how it works, no?

13 hours ago, B_RAD said:

Being pro free market doesn’t mean you can’t gripe and complain. 

not to mention not buying because of high prices. Pretty sure that’s part of a free market too, no? Price is more than someone wants to pay, so they don’t. Free market. prices come down maybe they buy again. Prices don’t come down, they continue not buying or get used to the new price and buy. Free market. Seems to be how it works, no?

I have zero problem with people saying primers cost to much I'm not buying them. Bitch about the prices all you want I do too, it sucks.

What bugs me is the attitude that anyone selling them at prices the market supports are somehow awful and if a business they should be forever shunned for the sin of not selling them at lower than market value.

The fact is that primers are available right now, as many as you want, you just have to want them really bad.  

24 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

I have zero problem with people saying primers cost to much I'm not buying them. Bitch about the prices all you want I do too, it sucks.

What bugs me is the attitude that anyone selling them at prices the market supports are somehow awful and if a business they should be forever shunned for the sin of not selling them at lower than market value.

The fact is that primers are available right now, as many as you want, you just have to want them really bad.  

The market won’t support primers at .20per primer. Some people may be paying that price currently but that price won’t keep people involved. So, it can’t hold. I’ll straight up quit shooting and take up another hobby. As will most people that shoot as much as I do. People still may shoot but not at the volume they do now. 

people straight up going for blood trying to make as much profit as possible, and really let’s just call that gouging since that’s what it is, are jerks. Straight up. There’s a difference in increasing cost because they have to pay more or will have to pay more for future materials and people waiting outside cabelas to buy primers and then running to the guns shows to mark that up 1000%. Any companies doing this will loose customers when things get back to normal. There are companies that I’m watching that will never get my business again. I’ll go without before in give them a penny. I choose to support companies like PV even more now. So, I’ll make the extra effort to buy form them. Even if their prices are higher. Free market. 

But..... you’re correct that people can buy primers if they’re willing to pay. As with pretty much anything else on the planet. 

24 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

The market won’t support primers at .20per primer. Some people may be paying that price currently but that price won’t keep people involved. So, it can’t hold. I’ll straight up quit shooting and take up another hobby. As will most people that shoot as much as I do. People still may shoot but not at the volume they do now. 

People paying $.20 per primer is proof that the market will support it. when nobody wants them at that price the price will come down, economics 101.

25 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

people straight up going for blood trying to make as much profit as possible, and really let’s just call that gouging since that’s what it is, are jerks. Straight up. There’s a difference in increasing cost because they have to pay more or will have to pay more for future materials and people waiting outside cabelas to buy primers and then running to the guns shows to mark that up 1000%. Any companies doing this will loose customers when things get back to normal. There are companies that I’m watching that will never get my business again. I’ll go without before in give them a penny. I choose to support companies like PV even more now. So, I’ll make the extra effort to buy form them. Even if their prices are higher. Free market.

companies like PV are not charging market prices because they live in fear of people like you threatening to never shop with them again because of market pricing their product. So they intentionally loose money to the secondary market in the hope of future sales.  I hope you are willing to pay extra for their products in the future. Remember they are not getting the same quantity of primes to sell as they used to so selling what they do get at a "reasonable" price is lowering their income.

the guys standing in line at Cabellas to by rationed primers are doing what people have done in rationed economies forever they are taking advantage of the artificial system to make some money on the side, would you be as angry with them if they were professional line standers like people with money hire in places like Chana where rationed products and services require standing in line to obtain? would you pay them $25 an hour to stand in line for you to buy 1k primers? regardless if they are available that day?

Ok, folks, we have pretty well covered capitalism, supply and demand, and how everybody else opinion on this subject is wrong. Let's get back to answering the question: "Anyone know where to find primers?". Any other posts are likely to disappear.

5 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

People paying $.20 per primer is proof that the market will support it. when nobody wants them at that price the price will come down, economics 101.

companies like PV are not charging market prices because they live in fear of people like you threatening to never shop with them again because of market pricing their product. So they intentionally loose money to the secondary market in the hope of future sales.  I hope you are willing to pay extra for their products in the future. Remember they are not getting the same quantity of primes to sell as they used to so selling what they do get at a "reasonable" price is lowering their income.

the guys standing in line at Cabellas to by rationed primers are doing what people have done in rationed economies forever they are taking advantage of the artificial system to make some money on the side, would you be as angry with them if they were professional line standers like people with money hire in places like Chana where rationed products and services require standing in line to obtain? would you pay them $25 an hour to stand in line for you to buy 1k primers? regardless if they are available that day?

Primers will not stay at .20 ea. Not at the level of production now.  People aren’t going to pay .17 more per round of ammo and continue to shoot at the level they do now. At least not forever. Everything has a limit to “worth it”. We’re already seeing a decrease in participation. Yes there are more people coming into the gun market but that’s not gonna last forever either. Like you said, primers are out there if you want to pay. Nobody I know is paying those stupid prices. We can talk back and forth all day long. I totally support the free market but sometimes that means not buying. If prices go back down, maybe I’d get back in. Again free market. Which also means I’m free to wait for normal/reasonable prices. 

Companies have to choose what’s best for them. Thinking not just in current time but looking to the future. I don’t envy their current situation. 

I would not pay someone $25 to stand inline to buy me 1k primers. I don’t really even understand your argument here. But whatever. 

I’d be surprised if you were paying $300 per 1k like the “market supports”. If you are good for you. Hope you shoot them all before prices drop and you can get them for $50 per 1k. Do you man. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cabelas in Lexington, KY has a very limited supply of Small Pistol, Small Rifle, and Small Pistol Magnum primers right now, must go into store, not online. $55 per 1k...they also have a limited supply of powder (HS-6, Clays, CFE Pistol, just to name a few that I saw on the shelf 15 minutes ago.

I was in Bass Pro in Memphis this morning and picked up a box of CCI Small Pistol Primers.  It was the only one they had and the second one I have picked from them in the last two weeks.  They are selling them for $54.00 per 1000 box.

3 hours ago, S&W686 said:

I was in Bass Pro in Memphis this morning and picked up a box of CCI Small Pistol Primers.  It was the only one they had and the second one I have picked from them in the last two weeks.  They are selling them for $54.00 per 1000 box.

I bought some recently too.  They would only sell me two boxes of 100 even though their webpage stated a ten box limit.  Felt kinda silly buying 200 primers, but that's what I could by at the time.

1 hour ago, Jim Watson said:

Primers on hand for $300/5000 at Primers12.com, less than double 2019 price. 

Yeah right. I'll let somebody else take a flyer first. 

Primers12 is 100% complete horseshit.  Scam all day long.

6 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

did you have an experience with them? do tell?

They are 100% a scam artist "company".  You can look them up on IG also, and if you simply conduct a google search of reviews, you will find a plethora of information.  They have multiple different "businesses" from pet sitting, to dry cleaning, to apparently now firearms and primers.  If you are comfortable being ripped off or having your ID stolen, by all means conduct a transaction with them online.  They blocked me on IG when i asked very basic questions like "how is it your have millions of primers when nobody else does", and "how are you getting them imported within days, when ammunition companies are waiting months or more for them to arrive and/or clear"...  Suspect for certain.  The last straw were a dozen different grammatical and spelling errors from the "president" of their company who finally said, "if you send us your CC info right now, we will invoice and ship you an extra 10,000 primers for free to gain your trust, but it has to be right now, today".  Big f*#king nope.  

Eddie I'll need you to pick me up about 10k. Then, keep on heading north until you get to the DC area. Gimme a call, I'll meet you and buy you lunch and send you back home. Will pay for lunch.