Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning Pro basepads/extensions on OEM CZ 17 round mags question

fyaman43

Possibly a stupid question, but is there any reason why Henning Pro base pads (or +5 extensions) can't be used with OEM CZ brand 17 round mags (which are labelled 9mm on one side and .40 on the other)?  

I tried some of my recently acquired Pro base pads and they certainly fit (round locking plate type) CZ brand mags but wonder if there'd be some sort of function issue vs. the Mec-Gar mags they're designed for.  

Thanks for any experience/advice.

BTW, really happy with the Henning pads for my Production set up.  Highly recommend.  

Edited by fyaman43

36 minutes ago, fyaman43 said:

Possibly a stupid question, but is there any reason why Henning Pro base pads (or +5 extensions) can't be used with OEM CZ brand 17 round mags (which are labelled 9mm on one side and .40 on the other)?  

I tried some of my recently acquired Pro base pads and they certainly fit (round locking plate type) CZ brand mags but wonder if there'd be some sort of function issue vs. the Mec-Gar mags they're designed for.  

Thanks for any experience/advice.

BTW, really happy with the Henning pads for my Production set up.  Highly recommend.  

9 out of my 10 round nickel plated 17 rd mags have the markings for both calibers. All of them have TTI basepads that work on the same mags that the hennings do. I also use the grams followers and springs that are made specifically for the 17 rounders.

Purchased the Henning Pro Production base pads for the CZ and Mec-Gar mags I have for the S2O.  BSPS linked the Shockbottle aluminum floor plates as a replacement for the square peg Mec-Gars.  Round tab on the Shockbottles WOULD NOT FIT the Henning base pads (too large).  BSPS sent me some stock CZ floor plates with the round tab, and they fit the Henning base pads perfectly!

FYI: the Henning base pads fit the stock CZ 17 round mags and the 17 round Mec-Gars just fine!

HTHs!

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

Thanks for that guys.  Just ordered some more MecGar mags as replacements/backups for my current quiver but realized the whole square lock plate deal on the new MecGars.  I saw BSPS carries round peg plates but is out of stock, hopefully will get some more soon so I don't have issues with the Henning round hole pads.

Edited by fyaman43

44 minutes ago, fyaman43 said:

Thanks for that guys.  Just ordered some more MecGar mags as replacements/backups for my current quiver but realized the whole square lock plate deal on the new MecGars.  I saw BSPS carries round peg plates but is out of stock, hopefully will get some more soon so I don't have issues with the Henning round hole pads.

I "believe" these are the right ones...........but call first!

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/base-pads-extensions/p10-magazine-lock-plate.html