Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Curious: What does a typical "open" Bianchi handgun weigh

Lower40

For the autos, our barricade mount with wings is about 7oz. and a Prone Pad is about 3.5 oz. To that, you would normally add a compensator and a red dot scope, plus the gun, of course.

For revos, the Stick Shift is about 3 oz. and a revo wing is about 1.5 oz. To that you would add the red dot of choice and maybe or maybe not a comp.

My Open revo balances just ahead of the trigger, so it isn't muzzle heavy, although it looks like it would be. I have a titanium 7 port comp on a 6" slab barrel. 

They aren't nearly as heavy as they look, because the add on stuff is all aluminum.

Thanks..I have been using as much aluminum as I can, but using Warne Maxima "steel rings" and an UltraDot MatchDot II and just under 4lbs (unloaded).  The Warne rings which I really like weigh about 4.7 oz, about 3oz heavier than the stock UltraDot rings.  My mover base is about 2oz heavier than yours (right now).  Using Hogue "Big Butt" grips.

My revolver balance point is at about the same as yours..right at the cylinder gap.

Edited by Lower40

Any weight above, in, or below your hand isn't that noticeable. A muzzle heavy gun gets tiring because it's a lever arm that is always pulling down on you. With the balance at or near the trigger, the gun will be fairly easy to draw, aim, and transition from one target to the next.