Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new D2 Customs open blaster

Bakerjd

These are the pics almost right before it was sent off for coating. I'm pretty excited. It also has a limited major and limited minor uppers. Specs are Cheely XWF open frame, brazos slide, KKM sight tracker 4.6 threaded barrel, SV steel comp, LSI grip, evil hands thumb rest, EGW thumb safetys, EGW trigger parts, geppert trigger. I think I had it done in all black DLC but honestly cant remeber. That will be the suprise. Lol. I'm pretty excited to run it next season. Gonna be quite the difference going from SS to open. 

Resized_20210518_145921.jpeg

Resized_20210518_145905.jpeg

20 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

Nice, Josh! So that was yours with the 3 barrels and uppers? Congrats! Welcome to the club. 😂

Yes it was! I've known Dan through facebook on a couple Para pages for a long time. And always loved his work. Then seen your and your wifes guns and had to get one. 

And yes more pics on the Instagram and facebook pages. I don't have either so I cant share them here till i pick it up. 

@yigal 🤣🤣🤣 always the joker. But yes final finished gun has front grip screw and bushing. 

12 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Shoots awesome! Now to do a bit of load development. Dan said to start about 8gn of WAC and a 124gn bullet. 

8 grains of Auto Comp and a 124 will potentially hurt. The most common load of Auto Comp and a 124 JHP is usually around 6.8-7.0 grains. Auto comp can get pressure spikey pretty quickly. 

7 hours ago, SSGJohnV said:

8 grains of Auto Comp and a 124 will potentially hurt. The most common load of Auto Comp and a 124 JHP is usually around 6.8-7.0 grains. Auto comp can get pressure spikey pretty quickly. 

Thanks!

@jt1207 i think so too. 

On 6/28/2021 at 6:38 AM, SSGJohnV said:

I use 7.2 of WAC with 124 grn JHP  Runs about 174 PF from my gun.

On 7/4/2021 at 7:54 AM, Bdh821 said:

Curious as to why you didn’t get a right side magazine catch since you’d have that option with a LSI grip?  

Thank you for using a EH thumb rest!

I am so used to the standard mag release since I have always had to conform to it I just stuck with it. I've tried swapping it on other guns and i still have to break my grip to hit it. And yes the EH thumb rest is the best. 

On 6/28/2021 at 6:38 AM, SSGJohnV said:

Yeah, I missed when he originally posted that. I run 8 WAC with 115's. 178 PF at Ohio.

21 hours ago, BillChunn said:

So are you going to shoot it at Ryan Rocks this weekend?  Just change from SS to Open..... 🙂 

Fewer reloads..... 

BC

Not you too Bill.... it's as if everyone I know wants me to shoot open now. I havent even practiced with it yet. 

2 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Not you too Bill.... it's as if everyone I know wants me to shoot open now. I havent even practiced with it yet. 

What could go wrong?😂

11 hours ago, Sarge said:

What could go wrong?😂

I mean not anything more then shooting SS. 🤣🤣🤣 it cant be that hard to be slow with a red dot. I'm already slow with iron sights. Maybe since it is a charity match they could just video me shooting and the kids would all have a good laugh. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 1:51 AM, Bakerjd said:

These are the pics almost right before it was sent off for coating. I'm pretty excited. It also has a limited major and limited minor uppers. Specs are Cheely XWF open frame, brazos slide, KKM sight tracker 4.6 threaded barrel, SV steel comp, LSI grip, evil hands thumb rest, EGW thumb safetys, EGW trigger parts, geppert trigger. I think I had it done in all black DLC but honestly cant remeber. That will be the suprise. Lol. I'm pretty excited to run it next season. Gonna be quite the difference going from SS to open. 

Resized_20210518_145921.jpeg

Resized_20210518_145905.jpeg

That’s the Megan fox of guns lol