Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Dies lead time?


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, AKJD said:

I called Dillon today to order a steel .223 trim die and they said 2-3 month wait. I load in the winter so not in a hurry.

Lyman have the .223 Pro trim die in stock. I bought one as a spare for my Dillon Carbide trim die. it’s $59 plus shipping now. It used to be $42 plus shipping. 
 

https://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman-pro-trim-dies

Edited by George16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, George16 said:

Lyman have the .223 Pro trim die in stock. I bought one as a spare for my Dillon Carbide trim die. it’s $39 plus shipping. They also offer a 10% military discount.
 

https://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman-pro-trim-dies

I wonder if they just increased prices. It says $39 but when you select the type it shows $52. But it is free shipping over $50.

 

Any insight into the quality? Was looking at whidden but they are out of stock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Intheshaw1 said:

I wonder if they just increased prices. It says $39 but when you select the type it shows $52. But it is free shipping over $50.

 

Any insight into the quality? Was looking at whidden but they are out of stock.

I have not used it yet. But by the looks of it, the quality is good. There are no burrs or nicks that I have seen when I checked it with a magnifying lens.


I won’t hesitate using it once my Dillon trim die wears out.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, George16 said:

I have not used it yet. But by the looks of it, the quality is good. There are no burrs or nicks that I have seen when I checked it with a magnifying lens.


I won’t hesitate using it once my Dillon trim die wears out.

 

Thanks. I may have to order one then since it's in stock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Intheshaw1 said:

Thanks. I may have to order one then since it's in stock.

Yeah, give it a try. It’s better than waiting for months on out for a different brand. Remember, they also offer these Pro Dies for use on their automated presses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...