Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hey Y’all…

WartownButch

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Yeti said:

Welcome to the forum!  You won't be disappointed in the TSO.

So far I have been impressed although I have had a couple of FTF, it’s not stovepiping but it won’t load the next round. Maybe it just needs to be broken in. But it is by far the most accurate gun I’ve ever shot and I love the *thumb rest [generic]*, it really helps with recoil. Thx for your post…

On 7/14/2021 at 11:00 AM, WartownButch said:

So far I have been impressed although I have had a couple of FTF, it’s not stovepiping but it won’t load the next round. Maybe it just needs to be broken in. But it is by far the most accurate gun I’ve ever shot and I love the *thumb rest [generic]*, it really helps with recoil. Thx for your post…

Hey Butch, welcome!  I love my TSO and I haven't had any issues.  I've shot everything from 115 gr. reloads to 150 gr. Action Pistol that has absurdly low velocity and never failed to cycle properly.  What were you shooting?  These Orange models are hand fit so maybe it's a little tight.  I'm sure you cleaned it up good and put on fresh lube of choice.  Throw some heavy weight rounds at it and see if it loosens up.  Let us know!

12 hours ago, MacMan21 said:

Hey Butch, welcome!  I love my TSO and I haven't had any issues.  I've shot everything from 115 gr. reloads to 150 gr. Action Pistol that has absurdly low velocity and never failed to cycle properly.  What were you shooting?  These Orange models are hand fit so maybe it's a little tight.  I'm sure you cleaned it up good and put on fresh lube of choice.  Throw some heavy weight rounds at it and see if it loosens up.  Let us know!

I’m shooting Maxxtech 115g ammo, which powerful ammo would you suggest? Yes I cleaned and lubed my CZ according to CZ’s instructions, using shooters lube.  It is so tight, so I’m sure the more I shoot the looser it will get. Right now I will get one round stuck between the factory mag and the barrel, ( it varies, could be the second shot or the 15th shot ) so I have to hit the mag release button…drop the mag and hand cycle the slide to get the cartridge to come out. Then reinsert the mag and it cycles properly for the remainder of the 20 rd mag. In no way am I limp wristing it, just a little disappointed that this is happening on a $2,000 dollar handgun. When it does shoot properly it is by far the most accurate handgun I’ve ever shot. 

Edited by WartownButch

3 hours ago, WartownButch said:

I’m shooting Blazer 115g ammo, which powerful ammo would you suggest? Yes I cleaned and lubed my CZ according to CZ’s instructions, using shooters lube.  It is so tight, so I’m sure the more I shoot the looser it will get. Right now I will get one round stuck between the factory mag and the barrel, ( it varies, could be the second shot or the 15th shot ) so I have to hit the mag release button…drop the mag and hand cycle the slide to get the cartridge to come out. Then reinsert the mag and it cycles properly for the remainder of the 20 rd mag. In no way am I limp wristing it, just a little disappointed that this is happening on a $2,000 dollar handgun. When it does shoot properly it is by far the most accurate handgun I’ve ever shot. 

They come from the factory with a buffer, make sure the buffer isn't chewed up already. If it is, it can slow the slide down and it may not feed correctly.

Although you may think you aren't limp wristing it, that may very well be the issue. Friend bought a new TSO in 40, was having same issues. Went to the range with him, watched him shoot and have the issue, then loaded up 3 mags of the same ammo he was using, and mag dumped every one of them, without the issue...loaded them back up, same ammo, he was still having the issue.

2 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

They come from the factory with a buffer, make sure the buffer isn't chewed up already. If it is, it can slow the slide down and it may not feed correctly.

Although you may think you aren't limp wristing it, that may very well be the issue. Friend bought a new TSO in 40, was having same issues. Went to the range with him, watched him shoot and have the issue, then loaded up 3 mags of the same ammo he was using, and mag dumped every one of them, without the issue...loaded them back up, same ammo, he was still having the issue.

thx for the feedback, I will double check my shooting process. I might even take a video and post it if I can figure out how. Do you even need the buffer? This is the only firearm I’ve ever seen a buffer on. My HK’s have a plastic or Teflon ring around the recoil spring but no buffer. 

2 hours ago, WartownButch said:

thx for the feedback, I will double check my shooting process. I might even take a video and post it if I can figure out how. Do you even need the buffer? This is the only firearm I’ve ever seen a buffer on. My HK’s have a plastic or Teflon ring around the recoil spring but no buffer. 

image.thumb.jpeg.8fde0100e6696c27f593a2bcb653b741.jpeg

This is my CZ TSO with custom grips from LOKGrips

12 hours ago, WartownButch said:

I’m shooting Maxxtech 115g ammo, which powerful ammo would you suggest? Yes I cleaned and lubed my CZ according to CZ’s instructions, using shooters lube.  It is so tight, so I’m sure the more I shoot the looser it will get. Right now I will get one round stuck between the factory mag and the barrel, ( it varies, could be the second shot or the 15th shot ) so I have to hit the mag release button…drop the mag and hand cycle the slide to get the cartridge to come out. Then reinsert the mag and it cycles properly for the remainder of the 20 rd mag. In no way am I limp wristing it, just a little disappointed that this is happening on a $2,000 dollar handgun. When it does shoot properly it is by far the most accurate handgun I’ve ever shot. 

Shouldn't be any issue with any ammo, but I've not shot Maxxtech.  Can you get your hands on some 124 or 147 gr?  You can check the buffer but it, most likely, is not chewed up yet.  It should be good for a few thousand rounds, and the need for it is debated all over the place, but it is recommended by CZ. 

How does the slide feel when you rack it without a mag?  If smooth and easy, is there any chance you are having a mag issue?  Still puzzled here because I've never even heard of a TSO that hasn't been modded not running right.  You can toss this out to the issues forum and see what others have to say.

Edited by MacMan21

3 hours ago, MacMan21 said:

Shouldn't be any issue with any ammo, but I've not shot Maxxtech.  Can you get your hands on some 124 or 147 gr?  You can check the buffer but it, most likely, is not chewed up yet.  It should be good for a few thousand rounds, and the need for it is debated all over the place, but it is recommended by CZ. 

How does the slide feel when you rack it without a mag?  If smooth and easy, is there any chance you are having a mag issue?  Still puzzled here because I've never even heard of a TSO that hasn't been modded not running right.  You can toss this out to the issues forum and see what others have to say.

the rack is smooth but very tight…the TSO comes with 3 mags and it happens with each of them 

5 hours ago, WartownButch said:

the rack is smooth but very tight…the TSO comes with 3 mags and it happens with each of them 

Hard to say, then, other than try to run some heavier loads or any +P ammo that you have to really push the slide.  Or at least a different brand of ammo.  Sorry, I'm not really much help on this one through the keyboard!

9 hours ago, MacMan21 said:

I've seen the factory buffer chewed up in less than 200 rounds (in a 9mm) or still be good after several thousand (40 s&w). 

I realize ammo is tight now, but try to run 124/125 gr loads rather than the Blazer 115gr.  147gr can be situational because of the shorter CZ throat. 

Check the buffer and keep it well oiled.  

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

I realize ammo is tight now, but try to run 124/125 gr loads rather than the Blazer 115gr.  147gr can be situational because of the shorter CZ throat. 

Check the buffer and keep it well oiled.  

I’m going to try it without the buffer and see how it goes…process of elimination. I also swapped out the recoil spring to the shortest spring that came with the gun. 

On 7/17/2021 at 6:31 AM, GrumpyOne said:

I've seen the factory buffer chewed up in less than 200 rounds (in a 9mm) or still be good after several thousand (40 s&w). 

The buffers in mine are still intact after 1000+ rounds - both 9mm.  Shooting everything from 115 to 150 and +P.  I've heard very few verifiable reports of wickedly premature failure, but sh** happens!