Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow 2 Orange Upgrades

jasmap

I got lucky and found an S2 Orange for a really good deal. I should have it in hand next week. I'm in no rush to do anything to it since I haven't shot it yet but I'm pretty positive I'll make a few small changes.

I'm definitely getting LOK thin grips. They suit me better than anything else I've seen.

Next I'm probably getting some stuff from CGW. An extended firing pin & firing pin spring, the music wire 11.5# hammer spring, reduced power trigger return spring, and a floating trigger pin. There's a few other small things I may eventually consider like a reach reduction, Dawson front sight, etc...

Besides this short list is there anything else you guys would add?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own one as well, love it.

I've done:

Grips of my choice

Fiber optic color of my choice

10lb recoil spring EG

12lb main spring EG

Extra power extractor spring PD

2075 fps

Replace mag release button w non-orange one.

Replace base pads w non-orange ones.

Edited by rowdyb

Just bought my first CZ (S2 Orange) to shoot in Production, and it's an awesome pistol right out of the box!

I too have made some small changes.  Installed the CGW's #54440 extended firing pin along with the 11.5 main spring as I wanted to get the DA pull down a bit.  I have installed the floating trigger pin but haven't installed the RP trigger return spring yet as the S/A pull is very good!

Have the CGW tuner's pack of recoil springs; but for now the stock spring is offering excellent ejection of the spent casings.  I'll definitely make some changes once I settle on my final reload.

Also one of the most accurate pistols out of the box I have ever owned!

Good luck!

Only things I have done to my oranges are the following:

Cajun Floating Trigger pin

Cajun 11.5 MS

Cajun 11 Recoil spring

Rami Firing pin spring

Slim slide stop

Slim safeties

Most of this is optional and just matching the guns to what I have done to my others. Gun is reliable like this and will set off hard magnum primers.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BLUEPSTU said:

Thinking about purchasing a shadow 2 orange. Is it simple to put a single action straight trigger on this gun? Thanks for any info.

Ordered one of these for my S2O, and I'm really looking forward to trying it out!

https://dealer.eemann-tech.com/en/et-cz-75/6079-eemann-tech-ultimate-trigger-for-cz-shadow-2000000060798.html

Watch their YouTube video......very easy install, IMO............

https://youtu.be/KOU1VHZ_iVE

👍

1 hour ago, HOGRIDER said:

Ordered one of these for my S2O, and I'm really looking forward to trying it out!

https://dealer.eemann-tech.com/en/et-cz-75/6079-eemann-tech-ultimate-trigger-for-cz-shadow-2000000060798.html

Watch their YouTube video......very easy install, IMO............

https://youtu.be/KOU1VHZ_iVE

👍

Thanks for the reply. If I end up purchasing one, I may be hitting you up for many information. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, csway said:

See Appendix D4 - Production Division (row #22.2) ... explicitly states thumb rests are prohibited. 

https://uspsa.org/viewer/2021-USPSA-Competition-Rules-March-2021.pdf

You can change any small part now including the slide stop. If the new slide stop happens to have a huge ledge where you happen to place your thumb it's legal to do so. 

Does this make sense in a "production" division? Doesn't really matter now the box is open, there really isn't much you can't do in production at this point. 

• 1 month later...

I just got my new S2 Orange. I don't see any info in the book about what springs are in the gun and what the springs are that came with it. Plan on running 115gr and 124 gr ammo. Should I call CGW and ask get springs there? I think I red the springs that came with it are for plus p like the NATO rounds.

2 hours ago, Filb said:

I just got my new S2 Orange. I don't see any info in the book about what springs are in the gun and what the springs are that came with it. Plan on running 115gr and 124 gr ammo. Should I call CGW and ask get springs there? I think I red the springs that came with it are for plus p like the NATO rounds.

I too have the S2 Orange, and I would recommend you shoot the pistol as is before changing any springs; especially the recoil springs.  Depending on your primary purpose for shooting (competition, range gun, fun), you can then decide what spring(s) are best for your intended purpose.  CGW has a pretty good read for helping with recoil springs:

https://cajungunworks.com/how-to-select-the-proper-recoil-spring/

Probably best to call CZ USA for definite info on what springs come equipped from the factory.

👍

• 1 month later...

For those that are totally familiar with the optional parts that are included in the S2 Orange; CZ USA has this stated in the "description" of the Shadow 2 Orange:

Turning the Shadow 2 up a notch, the biggest addition on the Orange is a barrel bushing that increases slide-to-barrel fit, resulting in tighter groups. Not as obvious is a factory-tuned trigger with short reset and the hand-fitting of the slide and frame.

For the "trigger with short reset" that I bolded, is this the same short reset disconnector that's included in the CZC Short Reach DA/SA kit?

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/fire-control/czc-short-da-trigger-kit.html 

I don't think the Orange comes standard with the 85 Combat Style trigger as the (Orange) stock trigger has a overtravel screw included.  

Again, trying to learn the specific parts that are unique to the S2 Orange.

Thanks for any feedback!

:)

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

CZ advertises an 8lb double action trigger.  Mine was 11 lb 6 oz!  But I changed out the following:

extended firing pin

8.5 lb hammer spring

reduced power trigger spring

solid trigger pin

and got the trigger pull down to 5 lb 4 oz double action and 2 lb 2 oz single action.  I use Federal primer, so the hammer spring was not a problem.  In fact, I had about a dozen CCI primers.  So, I tested them and they all fired.  Can't say what would happen if I fired hundreds of CCI's. Don't underestimate the value of the solid trigger pin.  In tests on other Shadows (didn't get to do it on the Orange), I've found a 3-4 oz reduction in double action trigger pull just from the pin.

Edited by Almo

21 minutes ago, Almo said:

CZ advertises an 8lb double action trigger.  Mine was 11 lb 6 oz!  But I changed out the following:

extended firing pin

8.5 lb hammer spring

reduced power trigger spring

solid trigger pin

and got the trigger pull down to 5 lb 4 oz double action and 2 lb 2 oz single action.  I use Federal primer, so the hammer spring was not a problem.  In fact, I had about a dozen CCI primers.  So, I tested them and they all fired.  Can't say what would happen if I fired hundreds of CCI's. Don't underestimate the value of the solid trigger pin.  In tests on other Shadows (didn't get to do it on the Orange), I've found a 3-4 oz reduction in double action trigger pull just from the pin.

@AlmoPretty much what I've done except I'm still using the 11# hammer spring and my DA pull is right at 6.75#.  Thanks for sharing your info.

BTW:  the solid trigger pin you refer to:  Is it the CZC one like this?  https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/fire-control/cz-75-trigger-pin-new-style-all-models.html

Or one like the CGW:  https://cajungunworks.com/product/floating-trigger-pin/

Thanks!

I have an SP01 which isn't the same but I've had good luck with the 11# recoil spring and 11.5# hammer spring which along with almost the whole CGW pro package minus adjustable sear has got me to a 6# DA 2.3# SA trigger and this was measured by the marine corps armorers at a state match. I'm considering putting in the 8# mainspring but just got my federal primers and haven't had time to try it out yet 

26 minutes ago, Tunachaser said:

I have a 8.5# hammer spring in both my 9 MM SP-01 and BS, with ext. firing pin and have never had problem lighting off any of the primers in factory ammo.  I have not tried them all and never any of the steel case ammo.  YMMV

Any idea how many rounds/dry fires that spring is good for in the sp01?