Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

?replace bearings on Super 1050?

I just disassembled a used S1050 that I bought and was surprised to find the crankshaft roller bearings installed in the frame with a loose slip fit. The crank arm bearing has a normal slip fit. I have never seen roller bearings, needle or ball installed in anything without at least a light interference fit. What's the point of using a roller bearing if the outer race can rotate?  I'm wondering if I should install the bearings with a little Loctite.

New bearings from Dillon cost $27.99 compared to $7.08 from the Amazon link above. 

12 hours ago, 67isb said:

Timken BH-1610

Koyo BH-1610 Needle Roller Bearing, Full Complement Drawn Cup, Open, Inch, 1" ID, 1-5/16" OD, 5/8" Width, 5200rpm Maximum Rotational Speed

https://www.amazon.com/Koyo-BH-1610-Bearing-Complement-Rotational/dp/B007EDTXS6

Bearings for RL1050 are different.  I have the part # for that too if you need it.

Same with mine, about 60 K and they are quite loose. Just ordered a set from Amazon. Did you use Loctite to reinstall? JD 

QUESTION! I can not get the allen bolt that is in the left end of the crank to move??? Any thoughts? I have tried heating it, still will not move! JD

Is there something I am missing?