Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 T5 Fitting

Howar438

Good Morning,

Usually a silent reader on the forum, but I’m having trouble finding some information and I’m hoping someone can help.

I dropped a T5 disco into my Shadow 2 and the SA isn’t resetting. I did enough reading here to determine that I needed to take some material off of the CGW disco. Round one I went minimal and used 1k sandpaper. This DIDNT work as I’m sure any of would have told me, but I was nervous about taking too much off.

Called Thomas at CGW and he said to use a diamond grit file. This time I took quite a bit off—got it pretty much flat. At this point I tested the SA at home by cocking the pistol and pulling the trigger. It reset, but there was no way to test an actual cycle so I went back to the range. 

Failure to reset in SA in the firing cycle. So now I’m back home—taking off some more. I have a theoretical way of testing this without dropping $20 to go to the range, but I’m not sure if it’s viable. If I pull the trigger, hold it, cock it, and then release the trigger I do get a reset. 

My question is: is this the best way to test this outside of driving to the range and shooting it? Like is this a valid test? I’ve now dropped $60 at the range firing a total of 10 rounds (lol), and would prefer to be pretty certain before I go back.

Also have a 11.5# hammer spring and 11# recoil spring—these wouldn’t have any effect on the not resetting in SA would they? The only reason I ask is because the trigger works when I cock the pistol (SA) but not on the cycle? It also functions if I brass check after a cycle.

I apologize for any bad terminology here this is the first pistol that I’ve actually worked on myself so I’m still learning these terms.

I have the same setup on my shadow 2. T5 disco, 11.5# hammer spring, 11# recoil spring. The test you did after your final fitting might work but the only way you can be certain it works without any problems is to go to the range and shoot it.

By the way, make sure you back out on the pre and over travel screws while doing the test after fitting the he T5. Once you know the T5 is fitted and the gun works well, then you can adjust the pre and over travel screws to your liking.

Good luck.

George: Thanks for the tip on the OT screw I actually haven’t adjusted that at all. I’m debating pulling it out altogether.

Squirrel: Yeah I figured it would probably just be trial and error with live fire…oh well I’m getting VERY familiar with the gun.

I've made blanks and shot them into a towel to muffle the sound and test a gun hahaha.

As someone who has hand fit probably 10 discos I can tell you that taking your gun apart and testing it 6 times isn't bad of an average. As someone who has also used an end mill to fit probably 40 discos I detest doing them by hand. hahaha.

39 minutes ago, Howar438 said:

George: Thanks for the tip on the OT screw I actually haven’t adjusted that at all. I’m debating pulling it out altogether.

You’re welcome.

I removed the overtravel screws on my shadow 2, TSO and Czechmate. It’s just one thing that might mess up during a match.

On 6/18/2021 at 9:06 PM, Howar438 said:

In case anyone was wondering I got this done! Appreciate everyone’s input. 

I ended up taking the OT screw out as well. Love working on this gun so now I’m just figuring out what to do next.

Buy more CZs........to work on. 😀

Hey Everyone,

For about 1000 rds after the fitting the trigger reset perfectly, but now I’m getting a number of failures. I can easily take more off the disco, but I was wondering if there’s anything else that could be messing with my reset?

The trigger was pretty gunked up and I hadn’t removed the trigger assembly yet (because of the flared pin), but I went ahead and cleaned that off. I haven’t had a chance to check, but I’m wondering if I should just remove a little more from the disconnector before I head to the farm to test?

Thanks