Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is This Normal on a G34 Gen 5?

Flea

There is a Johnny Glocks trigger installed but the slide stop is OEM. Is it normal to see the slide stop move when pulling the trigger? Is there some type of "excess drag" going on?

Thanks

Just now, Rich406 said:

Well I guess the question then becomes, have you shot it much? Are there any malfunctions?

About two thousand rounds. No malfunctions. The trigger pull feels a bit gritty and I was wondering if the issue I filmed may have something to do with it.

not sure if this helps you at all...... that said, i checked our gen 3 model 34 and the slide stop does not move when we manipulate the trigger.

my gut feeling is any drag you're experiencing can't be helping the quality of trigger pull.

This is actually fairly common and can only happen on the Gen5.  The Trigger Bar and the ambidextrous Slide Stop Lever are in VERY close proximity and will occasionally touch, depending on tolerance stacking for either of those parts plus the frame. 

The slight rub there should not perceptibly affect the quality of the trigger, as there is no real resistance to the movement illustrated in the video posted.  To prove this, pull the SSL out and re-assemble.  The trigger should feel the same, IMHO.

Edited by Braxton1