Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Gold Custom Eric 2007 vs Domina

kwelhand

Currently, I have a pair of Gold Custom Eric 2007.

I have never seen the Domina in person but what's the difference between two pistols?

Tried to search the net but couldn't find the definite answers.

It looks like the Domina is close to $5K and Gold Custom Eric 2007 is close to $2K.

Anyone have both or experienced the Domina?

Gold Custom Eric 2007 has been discounted and replaced by the Domina?

Edited by kwelhand

2 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

the big difference is the barrel and comp are different, the Domina does not have all the holes of the Gold Team and uses a different comp on a bull barrel

I see… I thought the trigger, hammer and frame are also different. 
Love to have the Bull barrel and not sure the heavier comp makes more maneuverable.  

4 hours ago, kwelhand said:

I see… I thought the trigger, hammer and frame are also different. 
Love to have the Bull barrel and not sure the heavier comp makes more maneuverable.  

I don't know if the comp is heavier I think it is still aluminum, I also think they are using the longer frame so the frame overhangs the end of the slide like a Middy 2011

Im sure it also uses the Domina hammer and other small parts, not sure how much other work tey do to the trigger at the factory though, it may still need some love to be the way you want it. 

In the end its a $5k Tanfoglio open gun and as much as I Iike them I'm not sure it make sense when you can get several builders semi custom 2011s in that price range.

1 minute ago, MikeBurgess said:

I don't know if the comp is heavier I think it is still aluminum, I also think they are using the longer frame so the frame overhangs the end of the slide like a Middy 2011

Im sure it also uses the Domina hammer and other small parts, not sure how much other work tey do to the trigger at the factory though, it may still need some love to be the way you want it. 

In the end its a $5k Tanfoglio open gun and as much as I Iike them I'm not sure it make sense when you can get several builders semi custom 2011s in that price range.

Thanks for the info!

That’s so true!

At $5K we can get so much better gun at that price… not that Tanfo is bad but so many good choices out there!

Kwelhand,

you already have 2 gold teams, I would buy a threaded barrel from patriot defense and try out a couple of comps to see what plays well. I use my gold team for shooting steel as I feel that the gold team is limiting in USPSA. Just my 2 cents. 

Just now, N7VY said:

Kwelhand,

you already have 2 gold teams, I would buy a threaded barrel from patriot defense and try out a couple of comps to see what plays well. I use my gold team for shooting steel as I feel that the gold team is limiting in USPSA. Just my 2 cents. 

Excellent suggestion… I just missed their recent sale. :( 
Ahhh… you can’t shoot Gold team in USPSA, right?

Sure you can shoot the gold team in USPSA. That is what it was designed for. Eric grafel shot it for years and won major matches. You can also buy a 6” barrel from eaa and get it threaded for whatever comp you want to try. Lots of options. I’m a big fan of the platform, as you probably can tell. 🥳

Just now, N7VY said:

Sure you can shoot the gold team in USPSA. That is what it was designed for. Eric grafel shot it for years and won major matches. You can also buy a 6” barrel from eaa and get it threaded for whatever comp you want to try. Lots of options. I’m a big fan of the platform, as you probably can tell. 🥳

Stupid me…. Thanks for the clarification!

I hate dealing with EAA but I might have to try their 6” barrel. 
Might a little cheaper than PA barrel.
Thanks again for your advice!

If your just looking for other comp options the PD threaded bull barrel is probably the way to go, it will let you screw on 2011 comps, they wont match the slide contour but they will work fine. If you a  bit more adventurous the 6in from EAA or PD can be used to install a custom cone comp of whatever design you want, it is 1000% more work but can be fun

7lAFIvv.jpg

ZNqzvf4.jpg

5 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

If your just looking for other comp options the PD threaded bull barrel is probably the way to go, it will let you screw on 2011 comps, they wont match the slide contour but they will work fine. If you a  bit more adventurous the 6in from EAA or PD can be used to install a custom cone comp of whatever design you want, it is 1000% more work but can be fun

7lAFIvv.jpg

ZNqzvf4.jpg

WOW~ beauty!

I'm pretty set with PD threaded cone barrel option.

Where did you get that beautiful comps? 

15 hours ago, kwelhand said:

WOW~ beauty!

I'm pretty set with PD threaded cone barrel option.

Where did you get that beautiful comps? 

The comps came from Mcmaster Carr hidden inside 1144 steel bar stock 🤣 

I have a small mill and lathe and have been working on not watching as much TV 

13 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

The comps came from Mcmaster Carr hidden inside 1144 steel bar stock 🤣 

I have a small mill and lathe and have been working on not watching as much TV 

Oh my… work of art for sure!!!