Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finding The Front Sight

AzShooter

I hate to admit it but I'm getting old.  Things just don't work the way they use to.  My eyesight needs improvement and I found a way to get my focu better on my handguns.  

Today I used my S&W 617 for Steel Challenge with my new Precision fiber optic front sight.  Wow what a difference.  I could find the new sight with no effort.  I managed to shoot some of my best strings because I could see my Front Sight.

I did the installation myself.  I called a number of local gunsmiths to do the job but they each had the same excuse: no roll pins to keep the sight on.  I even called Smith & Wesson but they too were out of stock and didn't know how long it would take.  I tried all the sights to see if I would get lucky and find the right size pin.  Avery one had  the same situation, pins are being back ordered and no one had an idea of when it would get better.  

I finally fond the pins on Amazon, had them in 2 days and went to work on my 617,  I still have an excess of 20 pins so I can do this job enough times if I want to do it again.  The sight came with  red, green and white pins and is easy to replace them.  

FO Sight Small.jpg