Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No Prize Table @ Area 2?

There is a rumor that there won't be a prize table at Area 2. Can anyone corroborate this rumor?

Post on the Area 2 Facebook page was made. After a few minutes, comments were disabled by the admins and nothing said. Not that I will win anything but for $325 bucks, that's a lot of fried plantains I can buy. 

Tagged for replies

I have heard from two people who were involved either directly, or indirectly with match planning, that there is no prize table. They wish to remain anonymous.

I have also heard from two different people, with the same level direct/ indirect involvement with match planning say it’s all a rumor. Match is running as normal.

At the very least, it’s weird.

Regardless- I may have a 650 to raffle off to some lucky duck.

Edited by Jaycwebb
Update

8 minutes ago, IPSCLUVERRR said:

Why does everyone go to matches for prize tables? Maybe that's why USPSA matches aren't as good as they used to be in the 90's. 

In the 90's the prize tables were HUGE!  Seriously, each division had 8 to 10 of the big long 8 foot folding tables that were loaded!

Of course there were only 2 divisions back then.

Nolan

35 minutes ago, IPSCLUVERRR said:

Why does everyone go to matches for prize tables? Maybe that's why USPSA matches aren't as good as they used to be in the 90's. 

A2 has always been known for having an amazing prize table.

11 minutes ago, Dutchman195 said:

Really hoping someone officially jumps in a clears this up. 

That probably won't happen. I don't recall seeing the match staff showing up here much if at all. Best to go direct. If they are not responding, don't know what to tell you.

36 minutes ago, Jaycwebb said:

It is being discussed here because the topic is being suppressed on Facebook 

That is what ET is referring to: The Area 2 FB page.  This thread is fine here but I would not expect for any official from the match to post here. 

20 hours ago, ChuckS said:

That is what ET is referring to: The Area 2 FB page.  This thread is fine here but I would not expect for any official from the match to post here. 

I'm not even holding my breath for them to respond to a email.