Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving from Production to Limited - First Match - your advice and tips?

lfine

Still love Production but want to try my TSOs in Limited for a change (even though it looks like many have moved to CO around here.)

First match coming up. Any words of wisdom, advice, or things to look out for that you've learned from experience?

1 hour ago, lfine said:

Still love Production but want to try my TSOs in Limited for a change (even though it looks like many have moved to CO around here.)

First match coming up. Any words of wisdom, advice, or things to look out for that you've learned from experience?

Focus on attacking the stage more aggressively since you don't have to plan for reloads constantly. Should keep you mostly from reloading unnecessarily

4 hours ago, lfine said:

Besides what's been said already, I will say that you can go really aggressive if you're shooting major PF.  Minor......gotta make sure you get those As.

Shooting Major, SGT.

(You see what I did there.)

CZ TSO .40.

Have to get some sunscreen for tomorrow. Going to get hot here.

As of yesterday when I registered for a local match, only 1 person was shooting production. The majority are CO followed by Limited Major.

I don't ever remember seeing that.  

2 minutes ago, lfine said:

Shooting Major, SGT.

(You see what I did there.)

CZ TSO .40.

Have to get some sunscreen for tomorrow. Going to get hot here.

As of yesterday when I registered for a local match, only 1 person was shooting production. The majority are CO followed by Limited Major.

I don't ever remember seeing that.  

I'm in SW Ohio and I started USPSA in 2019 in Production.  In the course of two years (Jan 2019 to Oct 2020) Production went from the second most popular division here to nearly dead.  CO is now the first or second most popular division in local matches and the most popular by far at this year's Buckeye Blast and upcoming Area 5 match in KY.

I moved to CO in early 2020 and don't regret it because at 53 (back then) I was struggling to deal with iron sights and my vision a significant handicap.

I've done nearly the same thing shooting Limited with an older CZ tac sport 40 after shooting SS for years. I've only dropped a mag when I didn't intend to a couple of times. It is different shooting a couple of arrays or extra targets before reloading. Also having an extra shot available. But I still love SS.

This is what I did 2 years ago. The most important and difficult thing is the recoil control shooting major. It took a while for me to be able to shoot major with the same speed as minor.  

Just finished.  It was a little weird starting off loaded with safety (CZ TSO .40) vs putting the hammer down carefully on my Shadow 2.  But it was nice to have so much ammo without mag changing - although I think that's a great and fun part of Production.

And Cs were OK!  That was nice. 

And my squad was helpful and a cool group. (OK, there was that one guy who insisted on giving me free advice repeatedly. 'Nuf said.)

Still made some rookie mistakes but my goal was just to get out and do it, do my best, don't DQ, learn from others, meet some more shooters, and have some fun. 

Mission accomplished.

Thanks all.

Always gonna be "that guy". I just laugh them off. For me instated in limited. Still have the gear and guns to shoot it but got bored. Switched around between lim, Pro, and SS. Found after a few years I liked SS minor a lot and decided to stick with it for at least an entire season. I'm almost 2 complete seasons in with it now.