Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scheel roller delayed buffer

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Texaspaul said:

How does the pull compare to other roller delayed systems?  Do they all require more force to charge?  I do not understand why this would be different? 

With the mp 5 the charging handle interfaces with the bolt carrier, not with the bolt. You don't have to overcome the system that is delaying the opening of the bolt.

Forgotten Weapons

14 minutes ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

Thanks.

Shot an area match yesterday with someone with your buffer.  Let’s just say I was impressed with the results.

Can you elaborate, what was better, was there any downside, is it that much better than a well tuned blowback gun, and finally, how does it compare to a Sig (assuming you've shot a Sig...)

Thanks.

Bob

1 hour ago, robertg5322 said:

Can you elaborate, what was better, was there any downside, is it that much better than a well tuned blowback gun, and finally, how does it compare to a Sig (assuming you've shot a Sig...)

Thanks.

Bob

Can't really give any comparison because I haven't shot the Sig or the other shooter's gun.  What I did notice was that the gun ran relatively quietly and seemed to be soft shooting, quite possibly because of the delay in the bolt moving backward that directs more of the gas forward.  Wish I had more details than that.

1 hour ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

Can't really give any comparison because I haven't shot the Sig or the other shooter's gun.  What I did notice was that the gun ran relatively quietly and seemed to be soft shooting, quite possibly because of the delay in the bolt moving backward that directs more of the gas forward.  Wish I had more details than that.

Thanks for the feedback. 

16 hours ago, CoreyScheel said:

We do. Will be on the website soon. Contact me to discuss. 

Sorry, this may be a stupid question, but how difficult is it to charge the gun with the first round if the buffer is locked/delayed?  I had this issue with Taccom's delayed buffer - pulling back on the charging handle was difficult.

11 hours ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

Sorry, this may be a stupid question, but how difficult is it to charge the gun with the first round if the buffer is locked/delayed?  I had this issue with Taccom's delayed buffer - pulling back on the charging handle was difficult.

It is harder to rack.  but its not really noticable while on the clock. here is an unloaded start video. 

Just got back from the range. Super super soft shooting. I wish I had another 9mm pcc to compare with. I'll have the opportunity to run it against an mpx hopefully soon. I noticed that it requires a break-in period because the arms also engage with the buffer tube opening. After it cut a channel into it and the rollers were the only part making contact, it became easier to charge. One strange thing is that the buffer spring wasn't strong enough to put the bolt into battery. I'm wondering if Corey had a chance to test a flat wire spring with the system.

I'll be throwing a brake on the gun. My 2 taps were inches apart. Even though it shot soft, my dot didn't return to where it was unlike the taccom magnetic system. But it's probably because I'm not used to it yet.

20 minutes ago, StripedLizard said:

I'll be throwing a brake on the gun. My 2 taps were inches apart. Even though it shot soft, my dot didn't return to where it was unlike the taccom magnetic system. But it's probably because I'm not used to it yet.

A perfect return to zero requires the shooter’s stance, the ammo’s PF, and the recoil spring to be well matched. With some testing and tuning on all three you will get it there.

in general, I find delayed-blowback 9mm guns like hotter ammo. I shoot 140pf 115s in my CMMG franeknstein rifle and it’s dead flat.

2 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

A perfect return to zero requires the shooter’s stance, the ammo’s PF, and the recoil spring to be well matched. With some testing and tuning on all three you will get it there.

in general, I find delayed-blowback 9mm guns like hotter ammo. I shoot 140pf 115s in my CMMG franeknstein rifle and it’s dead flat.

Makes sense. I was using cheap/weak aluminum case stuff.

Purchased a buffer system from Scheel and waiting for delivery. Working on the different theoretical combos possible and what will be the best combo. Will be doing actual live fire test next week if it ever stops raining here in Houston,,, 

1 hour ago, texasdawg said:

Purchased a buffer system from Scheel and waiting for delivery. Working on the different theoretical combos possible and what will be the best combo. Will be doing actual live fire test next week if it ever stops raining here in Houston,,, 

The website has said "This store is not accepting payments" for me for several weeks now, how did you put in an order?

6 hours ago, texasdawg said:

Mine came in yesterday.  Very impressed with what I’ve seen.  I installed the buffer and buffer tube and will do the required break-in rounds next week, assuming my range isn’t underwater.

Mine came in today. Well packed and a nice kit. Supposed to shoot a steel challenge match Sunday, so will wait till after that to install. Unless it gets cancelled. Raining a lot here right now and for seeable future,,, ugh!!! I wonder if 100gn bullets are the way to go or more towards the 124gn range? Don't have any 115's or 147's,,,

Couldnt resist, installed the buffer system  into my pcc. The install was easy and I set the springs up like the instructions said. It is definitely a different set up than what I had. The setup allows the bolt to go past the bolt catch. Not what I want, so I installed a 25# wave spring as a spacer/bumper behind the supplied bumper. Still goes to the bolt catch and catches, but just barely. Will do for now. Going to break it in with 100gn bullets at a 135pf in a steel challenge match tomorrow. More testing to follow,,,

Buffer system before was a kynshot 5007 with the weight and a 25# wave spring and a tubbs flatwire carbine spring with the weight in the bolt. I took the weight out for this test with the new buffer.

20210710_114135.jpg

Edited by texasdawg