Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hunters HD RUBY glasses

gunner40sw

Looking for reviews on the new Hunter HD RUBY glasses.  I have been shooting more trap and sporting clays and the eyes are getting older. They claim that your fiber optic front sight will really pop along with the bird. I am also still shooting limited and wondering what a pair of these would do to my fiber optic sight on my STI.

Thanks

I have a set of Ruby’s I use with fiber optic front sight. I like them a lot, the contrast is great and yes the red fiber does pop out really good. The only downside so far is they do need a fair amount of sunlight. On cloudy days where it’s not very bright I prefer the gold hd lenses.  I would purchase them again. 

They are good for red dots or red fibers in very bright sun. You get excellent contrast on the dot in particular. As mentioned above, they are darker than the Gold so if you shoot a lot at night, in shadows or rain the Gold will likely be more appropriate. If you live in Arizona, Texas or another desert type area with bright sun and no chance of clouds the Ruby would be a solid option. 

I LOVE mine. I have a bad eye that is extremely light sensitive and the golds work great for some sun light but not always. The red ones are perfect for very bright direct sun. But some pasters look like a dark green on the targets with them. I notice it when pasting but not when actually shooting the stage. 

Like others have said, the Ruby's are great in the sun.  They were designed for shotgunners to highlight the orange clays better against the sky.  As a side-effect they really make RED dots and fiber optics pop.  But they are darker and may not be the best choice on overcast days.  Also, you CANNOT use a green dot or fiber, they will look gray.  Personally, I am happy with my Golds.  They are all around a good option for all light conditions, indoor and outdoor.  It's all a matter of personal preference.  If you are at a match where Brian and the Hunters HD Gold Magical Mystery Tour are there, borrow a pair and try for yourself.

(disclaimer: I am a Hunters HD Gold Ambassador)