Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2021 AZ State USPSA Championship

The 2021 AZ State USPSA Championship is scheduled for Sept. 17, 18 & 19 in Prescott AZ. This will be a Level II match with 8 stages and will be shot in a single day. You can shoot any of the three days schedule. Registration in PractiScore opens at 6:00 pm on July 19th, $100 match fee. Always looking for staff to work; staff will be comped 50% if you work 1 day and 100% if you work 2 days.

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Edwards30 said:

I was considering going to this but I’m unsure of the commitment since I’m 3 hours away and it’s only 8 stages. 
Does anyone have feedback from prior years?

I just drove 5 hours last weekend to work and shoot a level II with 8 stages. Of course I try to go every year because it’s an awesome match. 
 Unless there are red flags about poor quality I wouldn’t hesitate.

44 minutes ago, Edwards30 said:

I was considering going to this but I’m unsure of the commitment since I’m 3 hours away and it’s only 8 stages. 

Prescott Action Shooters were the alternate host for the Area 2 Championship last year and they did an excellent job. AZ state is a very popular match so you may want to be on Practiscore July 19, 2021 @ 6:00 PM 😉 

11 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Prescott Action Shooters were the alternate host for the Area 2 Championship last year and they did an excellent job. AZ state is a very popular match so you may want to be on Practiscore July 19, 2021 @ 6:00 PM 😉 

If it's popular, then I assume it should be good.  I've yet to shoot a lvl 2 so I figure it might be a good experience before shooting A2 later in the year.

8 hours ago, Edwards30 said:

This match was not held last year; the state championship has not been held for many years. It is only 8 stages so that it can be shot in a single day and there is not a mutli-day commitment.

6 hours ago, bagdad45 said:

This match was not held last year; the state championship has not been held for many years. It is only 8 stages so that it can be shot in a single day and there is not a mutli-day commitment.

Oops, I was thinking about the NAZC! In any case, Prescott will do an excellent job!

On 7/16/2021 at 2:18 PM, Edwards30 said:

its 4 for me and I'm going. They put on a pretty good match. The range and town are nice. They hosted A2 and NAZC last year, and NAZC every other year since i started shooting in 14. Would recommend you try it at least once. 

Drive in the night before and go out on the town to check out the breweries and what not then, wake up, shoot and drive home. 

2 hours ago, Dutchman195 said:

its 4 for me and I'm going. They put on a pretty good match. The range and town are nice. They hosted A2 and NAZC last year, and NAZC every other year since i started shooting in 14. Would recommend you try it at least once. 

Drive in the night before and go out on the town to check out the breweries and what not then, wake up, shoot and drive home. 

That’s about the plan my wife and I are planning. I am shooting Saturday so we will drive down Friday afternoon. 

Any idea if there is a prize table and/or raffle we would need to be present for on Sunday after the last group wraps up?

On 7/22/2021 at 2:37 PM, Edwards30 said:

That’s about the plan my wife and I are planning. I am shooting Saturday so we will drive down Friday afternoon. 

Any idea if there is a prize table and/or raffle we would need to be present for on Sunday after the last group wraps up?

This is just a trophy match. We are trying to resurrect this match and it is hard to get a prize table for a well established match. Plus one day shooting format, people are not sticking around for a final day prize table.  We will mail out the trophies for those not there on Sunday.

3 minutes ago, bagdad45 said:

This is just a trophy match. We are trying to resurrect this match and it is hard to get a prize table for a well established match. Plus one day shooting format, people are not sticking around for a final day prize table.  We will mail out the trophies for those not there on Sunday.

Cool, not a complaint I was just curious. Like I said, this will be my first lvl 2. I’m looking forward to it. 
 Thanks for the info. 

• 4 weeks later...