Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster opinions

NHSHOOTER

I'm looking for a nice OWB holster for my Glock 19. Can anyone recommend a good one? Found few holster here IDFholsters but not sure which one would be best.  I've been carrying my Sig P238 for the summer.

recommendations would be appreciated.

Edited by NHSHOOTER

What do you want to use it for?

concealed carry?

Competition?

general range use?

Consider a nice kydex from Vedder, or BladeTech. If it’s not for concealed carry, then consider getting a holster for a Glock 34, so if you later acquire additional Glocks with longer barrels it will work great with all of them. 

personally, I prefer BladeTech for OWB, and Vedder kydex for IWB. 

5 hours ago, NHSHOOTER said:

I'm looking for a nice OWB holster for my Glock 19. Can anyone recommend a good one? Found few holster here IDFholsters but not sure which one would be best.  I've been carrying my Sig P238 for the summer.

recommendations would be appreciated.

Nothing in that link is anything I recognize as a quality holster (not surprising since LP Brezny wrote it).  Nothing beats a leather pancake for OWB concealed carry (assuming that's what you want) and the makers that I can recommend as a satisfied user are O'Rourke Leather (not cheap), Nelson Gunleather, and TT Gunleather.

Edited by SGT_Schultz

41 minutes ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Nothing beats a leather pancake for OWB concealed carry (assuming that's what you want) and the makers that I can recommend as a satisfied user are O'Rourke Leather (not cheap), Nelson Gunleather, and TT Gunleather.

I have no experiences with those makers, but I'd add Milt Sparks to such a list.