Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W 929 Light Primer Strikes-Extended Firing pin.

pjb45

21 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

I do not stage revo triggers, one long smooth pull with speed varied as needed, I don't want that smooth press interrupted by a hard stop 

Over travel stops shouldn't interrupt the pull, unless one uses the older "pencil eraser" trick of the PPC guys.  They're meant to arrest the movement of the trigger just after the sear releases.

Like you I like try to pull straight through I've found I'm more accurate "IF" I pull straight through, but it seems sometimes I just can't stop myself from staging!  Usually when sighting in, or some other time I want that "pin point" accuracy?  Which the staging invariably hurts anyway.  I'm just weak though.

1 hour ago, pskys2 said:

Over travel stops shouldn't interrupt the pull, unless one uses the older "pencil eraser" trick of the PPC guys.  They're meant to arrest the movement of the trigger just after the sear releases.

I understand that the hard stop happens after firing, but on the off chance that the trigger stop is set close enough that the bullet is still in the barrel when the trigger hits it (in reality I understand this is not likely) I don't want that to happen. In reality its just a feel thing because either way the bullet is gone stop or no stop so it does not help either way.