Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accidentally locking the slide back on CZ

Just4FunLP

I’ve got an Accu Shadow 2. I’ve been shooting for about 8 years and I’ve been running these CZs for about 5 or 6 of those years. I’ve always had the occasional problem where my weak hand contacts the slide release lever and accidentally locks the slide back, but danged if I didn’t do it on 3 of the 6 stages of our local match today. Of course I know I should avoid hitting the lever, but it’s really more of an adrenaline thing and only happens when I’m in the heat of a major hose-fest.  Has this happened to anyone else? Maybe a heavier spring? Perhaps a mod to the slide release.  I assume I can get away with external mods in Production now days...  I like my CZs, and I really don’t want to lower my grip, but something’s got to change.  

As always, thanks for the feedback. 

The CZ czeckmates come with a slide lock pin minus the slide lock lever...it is basically the same as just cutting off the lever.  When using them it eliminates the ability to lock back on empty and you have rack the slide back if you happen to run dry and require a mag change (which any comp shooter should strive not to have happen).  Also, pulling the slide back insted of using the slide lock is an optimal way of dropping the slide anyway...should you need to. In short, it is my opinion that, if this has happened many many times in matches cut the pin off from the lever run the gun that way....or find a compatible pin (probably a czechmate pin would work...but might be a little long). 

If you are just shooting USPSA, and decide that you don't need the slide to lock open, you can use the Checkmate pin, or file off the tab that locks the slide of of the slide release. 

The second option is free.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: I tried the low profile slide stop and I think it’s going to solve my problems. The factory slide stop seemed to hit my thumb joint, but I can’t even notice this one. It would be perfect if it was as long as the original. Even with the shortened length I can usually drop the slide with the thumb of my strong hand, but sometimes I miss it. Overall I’m very pleased. I can’t tell you how many malfunctions I’ve had, usually at big matches on hoser stages where I’m all amped up…. Lol. 

Thanks

https://benstoegerproshop.com/cz-shadow-2-rami-flat-low-profile-slide-stop/

Edited by Just4FunLP