Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Laser on PCC

copterdrvr

I looked in the rule book and couldn't find the info but I was told that a laser could be used on a PCC.  I have a match tonight and hope I can get an answer or I'll need to remove my forward hand guard to insure I don't accidentally activate it. It will not be used except for weird, around the corner barricade shots.

Thanks for your reply!  In case I'm questioned, where would I find a reference to its eligibility? Being a Lefty, I find that usually tight, "around the barrier" shots "seem" to favor those of the right handed persuasion and I thought it might help a bit.  I love my red dot but I'm an old fart and don't bend so good anymore and sometimes the only option is to change shoulders and that eats up time......

Thanks again for your response.

56 minutes ago, copterdrvr said:

Thanks for your reply!  In case I'm questioned, where would I find a reference to its eligibility? Being a Lefty, I find that usually tight, "around the barrier" shots "seem" to favor those of the right handed persuasion and I thought it might help a bit.  I love my red dot but I'm an old fart and don't bend so good anymore and sometimes the only option is to change shoulders and that eats up time......

Thanks again for your response.

One of our clubs has a master stage designer who is also a lefty. You can expect at least one nasty left lean at each match. I typically will just switch shoulders to deal with it. At the last match, there were 2 targets behind a wall that was located at the logical end of the stage. There were also a couple static targets and small steel plated downrange at the same view. From an efficiency standpoint, it made total sense to finish on the lean targets so you didn't have to un-lean on the clock. I have a laser on my rifle but never really used it at a match but this time it was different. I took the downrange targets, put the rifle into my weak hand, grabbed the forearm just ahead of the magwell ,shoved it around the wall and got 4 A. You probably won't use it very often but when you do, you will love it!

13 minutes ago, Gary Stevens said:

Chuck what laser are you using, and how is it performing?

https://www.crimsontrace.com/products/tactical-lights/rail-master/cmr-206-rail-master-universal-green-laser-sight/01-4620.html

No problems other than shooter induced. I used to have it mounted right at the end of my handguard. That was fine until I tried to take a wall with me leaving a port. I wound up breaking off one of the power switch wings. Still works. I moved it back to just in front of the lower receiver. My hand can get in the way but since I only use it for weird positions, a hand shift is probably mandatory anyhow!

ChuckS you described the exact situation that I'm expecting to use the laser in!

Mine is a Viridian HS1 which is part of a hand stop and it is awesome!  I have used mine (I have three) quite a bit but I just put one on my PCC.

The first time I seen a shooter use a laser I thought you gotta be #$@! kidding me?  

Buttstock on belt muzzle down range.  The thing was a laser dot was on the target. Upon the beep he fired from that position and hit the target. 

22 hours ago, Silver_Surfer said:

The first time I seen a shooter use a laser I thought you gotta be #$@! kidding me?  

Buttstock on belt muzzle down range.  The thing was a laser dot was on the target. Upon the beep he fired from that position and hit the target. 

that's why I always choose a start position for pcc that prevents that. Muzzle touching mark, french start (held overhead with straigh arms), pick it from a table, something like that. Also helpful to put a banner or hardcover cardboard above ports and at corners so people cant aim through the mesh.

Edited by motosapiens

I use my CT green laser for hard leans too but it is sighted for 7yds so when I look thru the optic I see 2 dots 1 red sighted at 17yds and the green below it so at close targets I don't have to think about the offset just shoot. Tried the shooting from the hip start thing and thought it was slower than just shooting from the shoulder, maybe with practice but not worth it to me.