Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 SA, or TSO (first version)

Ceapea

I have an original TS in 9mm. While I have large to extra large hands, I still find the grip of the TS a bit too big. Which is okay, as I do not compete with it. It is for really accurate plinking and general range use.

The same will be true for the next one, TSO or Shadow 2 SA. So for those of you that have both, or have shot both, which would you pick, and why?

Also in the mix…kinda, is the Shadow 2 DA/SA. Not my first choice, as I am a huge fan of SA guns. Though I have always heard great things about CZ DA triggers. So, if you think you can convince me to go DA/SA, feel free to offer up those reasons as well.

Thanks!

I don’t think you can go wrong… I have bigger hands and have shot a TSO and a Shadow 2. Both guns fit my hands well, meaning I can access the safety, mag release, and slide lever without manipulating my grip. There is a difference circumference wise, but it is minimal and I think you’ll be happy with either. Kinda depends on what division / game you’re looking to play. 

good luck!

You can slim the grip of you existing TS by adding thinner grips.  I used the thin Loks.  You can also do a grip reduction.  That is easy to do.post-54411-0-08791000-1462828443_thumb.jpgpost-54411-0-17364800-1462828454_thumb.jpg

Personally, I don't think the TSO in either version is worth the money.  I would go with the S2.  Buy the SA if you like, but the DA and SA trigger pull on the DA?SA can be improved so that is smooth and consistent.  The SA, if, not already, can be made better than the stock SA.  Another advantage is you can use the gun in Production and Limited, and CO with an optic.  BTW, I am a single action snob.  So when I tell you my buddies DA?SA S2 single stage trigger is great, I mean it.

If you want to compete in Limited in a serious way, get the TSO in 40sw and add extended base pads.

I have XXL hands. Decided to not purchase a 2 version of either Shadow or TS. Not convinced the new shape for a higher hold fits me. 

Did put a x10 barrel bushing from CGW in a Shadow SA. Shoots like a new gun. The bushing had been sitting unused for a couple years. Glad I got off the stump.

Need to polish the trigger on the Shadow SA next.

8 hours ago, Endall said:

I have XXL hands. Decided to not purchase a 2 version of either Shadow or TS. Not convinced the new shape for a higher hold fits me. 

Did put a x10 barrel bushing from CGW in a Shadow SA. Shoots like a new gun. The bushing had been sitting unused for a couple years. Glad I got off the stump.

Need to polish the trigger on the Shadow SA next.

This.   X-Large hand size also.   The Shadow2 and TS2 grip cut fits me wrong.   The cutout hits me in the meaty part of my thumb, and doesn't feel right.

I chose to stick with the SP-01 Shadows and TSO frames.   Leaning toward Lok palm swells on both of those.

Edited by JBhunter45

So I got a chance to hold both a TSO and a Shadow 2, one each in SAO and DA/SA. I gotta say, the Shadow 2 fit my hand perfectly! And very surprising to me, the SAO trigger was not great! But the DA/SA had one of the best DA pulls I have tried. And the SA pull was better than that of the SAO! Strange but true. 
And while I didn't have my original TS to compare, the TSO did feel like it fit my had slightly better than the original. But that DA/SA Shadow 2 was fantastic! Think I'm going to go that route.

Edited by Ceapea