Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I say DQ. MD says no


Recommended Posts

On 6/8/2021 at 1:38 PM, Silver_Surfer said:

I would say yes but only IF the targets were wide open from between the shooting boxes and obscured from the shooting boxes(Area).  Un-sportsmanship conduct?

Unsportsmanlike conduct? For shooting on the move between boxes, and presumably prepared to take a penalty for doing so?

How would you, as an RO, support an Unsportsmanlike Conduct call?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, ima45dv8 said:

Unsportsmanlike conduct? For shooting on the move between boxes, and presumably prepared to take a penalty for doing so?

How would you, as an RO, support an Unsportsmanlike Conduct call?

 

Some of the opinions here lead me to believe that several people commenting on this thread have never even read the rulebook, let alone get trained and certified on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I immediately thought of 10.5.10, Moving while having finger inside of trigger guard, as a DQ.  If the shooter stepped out of the box and was not moving it would be procedures.  I try to avoid DQing any shooting when possible but I do enforce the rules when I see something so wrong. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

 

Some of the opinions here lead me to believe that several people commenting on this thread have never even read the rulebook, let alone get trained and certified on it.

LOL, I have but not since they stopped mailing out the paper rule books. Anyone remember Dave & Marilyn Standford? They were my instructors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, AzShooter said:

I immediately thought of 10.5.10, Moving while having finger inside of trigger guard, as a DQ.  If the shooter stepped out of the box and was not moving it would be procedures.  I try to avoid DQing any shooting when possible but I do enforce the rules when I see something so wrong. 

 

 

 

The shooter was engaging targets on the move while outside the shooting areas.  That's a procedural per shot per 10.2.1.2.

 

It is absolutely not a DQ, 10.5.10 tells you so if you read all of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread kinda got muddled. The op said the shooter "engaged" the targets so that means no DQ. But then it goes on to read like the shooter was just running between boxes and inadvertently lit one off, which would be a DQ. Wonder what actually happened. Clear descriptions in rule questions are very helpful

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, RJH said:

This thread kinda got muddled. The op said the shooter "engaged" the targets so that means no DQ. But then it goes on to read like the shooter was just running between boxes and inadvertently lit one off, which would be a DQ. Wonder what actually happened. Clear descriptions in rule questions are very helpful

That's what I was thinking as well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, RJH said:

This thread kinda got muddled. The op said the shooter "engaged" the targets so that means no DQ. But then it goes on to read like the shooter was just running between boxes and inadvertently lit one off, which would be a DQ. Wonder what actually happened. Clear descriptions in rule questions are very helpful

It was muddled by the OP. And shows just how many people dont know how to read AND comprehend the rule book. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...