Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You're doing it wrong

SGT_Schultz

4 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Yes to a slower, inefficient draw.  Boomer who probably has never been in a gunfight said so.

Probably guilty of gross overgeneralization too.  

31 minutes ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Call me crazy but making a straight line from holster to full extension is a shorter distance than up and out.

I agree, it seemed like you were disagreeing with me on that point just a couple days ago. 

sgt s.PNG

Edited by Racinready300ex

18 minutes ago, JFlowers said:

Why would you practice draws from a position you will never use?

Because he's the Tactical Professor?

I noticed that too.  My guess is he's simulating telling someone to stay away but your guess is as good as mine

Wouldn't "stay away" be hands at chest level palms out rather than the now I lay me down to sleep position he is used?

Anyway I will have to admit I was taught the up and out method last time I took a USPSA specific handgun course.

1 hour ago, JFlowers said:

Wouldn't "stay away" be hands at chest level palms out rather than the now I lay me down to sleep position he is used?

I guess....I looked the guy up and saw nothing that would lead me to pay him even one cent for his "training"

The guy is Claude Werner. He is a former lead instructor at the Rogers Shooting School. RSS is one of the facilities where some US and NATO alphabetized units that shoot not only paper went to learn a thing or two. It has a unique curriculum that most USPSA shooters won't care about. Likewise, I doubt that Claude gives a damn what USPSA shooters think about his draw.

33 minutes ago, YVK said:

The guy is Claude Werner. He is a former lead instructor at the Rogers Shooting School. RSS is one of the facilities where some US and NATO alphabetized units that shoot not only paper went to learn a thing or two. It has a unique curriculum that most USPSA shooters won't care about. Likewise, I doubt that Claude gives a damn what USPSA shooters think about his draw.

Something about a Ranger tab is in the mix as well.  

4 minutes ago, NETim said:

Okay.   The guy was an Army Ranger regardless. 

No, that's not how it works. If you don't know that a Ranger tab does not equal Ranger then you probably shouldn't comment.

His bio don't say anything about Ranger school or Ranger qualification and assignment to a battalion

In any event this tangent is irrelevant because I don't care what he did 30 years ago.

This thread should of been posted in humor, but as it was, it was posted in handgun techniques as something to diss. Now it has devolved into another infantile debate about nothing related to practical shooting, Please use your time more constructively, gents.